Higher than normal PC Temps

by Linkoftime666

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 2023 issues on PC

Community Manager

Hi Everyone, 

It seems we have a few different issues post in this thread. To confirm the original poster indicated an issue with High CPU temps. 

I wanted to check who may still be having that problem. For other issues please make a new post so we can gather info and provide relevant information. 

If you are still seeing issues with high CPU temp please let us know the following:

Platform:
PSN ID/Xbox GT:
Region:
Are you using an internal or external drive?
Are you using an HDD or SSD?
Date this issue started (is it still happening?)?
Is anything else happening?
If possible, share a Screenshot or Clip...
If on PC, please share a DxDiag

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 31 of 49 (1,569 Views)

Re: High CPU temperature with my i7 12700k

★ Apprentice

Same here, CPU utilization hovers between 40%-50% but temps automatically jump to 75°C. After the patch tonight I actually hit 80° for the first time. 

Message 32 of 49 (1,565 Views)

★ Apprentice

Platform: Windows (Steam)
PSN ID/Xbox GT: AlfaOneSeven
Region: USA/NA
Are you using an internal or external drive? Internal NVMe Gen4 SSD
Are you using an HDD or SSD? SSD
Date this issue started (is it still happening?)? Since Launch, progressively worse since.
Is anything else happening? Traversal Stutter
If possible, share a Screenshot or Clip...
If on PC, please share a DxDiag

Message 33 of 49 (1,559 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having high cpu temps (average 95° with peaks around 98°c) and my GPU usage goes up to 100%. My PC shuts down because of the high temps or because of GPU usage, my cooling system is perfect, and I run other hardware-demanding games perfectly.

PC Specs:

MB: msi z690unify x

CPU: Intel 11900k

GPU: rog strix 3080 ti

ram: teamgroup 6400 ddr5 32 ram

AiO: kraken z3

Platform: Steam PC
PSN ID/Xbox GT: wastin5
Region: Peru
Are you using an internal or external drive? internal
Are you using an HDD or SSD? SDD
Date this issue started (is it still happening?)? Since launch
Is anything else happening? pc shuts down and stutters
If possible, share a Screenshot or Clip
If on PC, please share a

Message 34 of 49 (1,514 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

I am having issues with my CPU temp as well. The temps slowly build up from 70-95+ while playing. Not running anything extra while playing, tested in an empty room with no items/enemies and the temp still climbed.

Platform: PC - Steam
Region: USA
Are you using an internal or external drive?: Internal
Are you using an HDD or SSD?: SSD
Date this issue started (is it still happening?)?: Since launch.

Message 35 of 49 (1,443 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes if you do the same steps for unbinding the keyboard keys it should get the controller working.

Message 36 of 49 (1,366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, 

the same issue. Confused

VERY BIG CPU usage and temperatures near 90 to 100 deg of C in peaks even.

Something is wrong here. It looks like a CPU test, not a game. I have also Callysto Protocol, and on max settings with Ray Tracing on I have about 75-85 max.

It looks like too many tasks on CPU. My GPU works on 62 deg of C in the same time and has still a lot of power.

In my estimation, for some reason, the main thread of quests is going to the CPU and not the GPU, as a result, Dead Space Reamke produces a huge load on the CPU, not the GPU, which is a bug in this case and needs to be fixed. Absolutely no game for me causes such problems with temperature. I have a very good AIO (360), i9 13900KF and RTX 4090. With High settings with RT=on, this is getting absurd. Interestingly, lowering the graphics settings does not make it better. The GPU is doing great, but since there is not much difference in usage and temp on the CPU - it shows that something is done wrong here.

This works like a test, e.g. CinebenchR23, Prime95, RealBench or CPU-Z. Then I actually have similar loads on the processor, but I don't have it in any game!

The game doesn't seem to be optimized for CPU usage and creates some loops or too many (maybe unnecessary) operations.

It's easy to notice because I have all LEDs set to work according to the temperature, above 90 degrees on CPU, I have red in the case, here it's basically 80% time ine the game - red Frown

Please optimize it soon. I don't want the water in my AIO to boil to make tea. Disappointed

Platform: PC - Origin
Region: doesnt metter
Are you using an internal or external drive?: Internal
Are you using an HDD or SSD?: SSD
Date this issue started (is it still happening?)?: Since launch.

Message 37 of 49 (1,338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Btw. I can start undervolting CPU, but for one game and stock, not OC settings it's not normal, sorry :/.

Message 38 of 49 (1,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok, undervolting (-0.095) helped me to lower down temp of -15 C deg. level, what is good news. Now I have something between 72-78 during playing (RT on, 2,5K, mix high/ultra settings), this is how it should have looked from the beginning and I see blue leds in my case all the time Wink. But ... this is some form of workaround and not everyone has the knowledge of how to rummage in the bios

Message 39 of 49 (1,300 Views)

Community Manager

HI Everyone,

I wanted to check after the latest patch if anyone was still seeing high PC temps while playing Dead Space?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 40 of 49 (1,205 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help