Higher than normal PC Temps

by Linkoftime666

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 2023 issues on PC

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all,

Thanks for reporting these issues. 

Going forward, I would recommend keeping the issues split per thread. This makes it easier for others to also contribute to the thread.

Regarding the 'fake' controller feeling, rebinding/clearing the in-game controller bindings should indeed resolve this:

You have to go into the Controls/Keybinds settings (in-game) and "Clear" every single Controller Button mapped in the Controls options. You press T to clear an action, so just make sure you clear the Controller Buttons and nothing else. Some of the buttons mapped can't be cleared, but clear every single one that you can and the weird feeling should go away.

We have a thread about this here.

--

Regarding the high CPU temp; depending on your PC's setup, this can be quite normal, depending on your system. However, a CPU temp of 91c is likely due to a malfunctioning cooling solution. I would recommend making sure that everything is working as intended and checking if your CPU is maying running an overclock of some sort. Also, if you have an AiO cooling solution, make sure that the pump is working correctly.

EA_LeeuwAHQ

For the English Answers HQ forums:
  • Having trouble with your EA account? Post on the EA Services – General Questions board, NOT the EA app boards.
  • Want to chat about the EA app, share feedback, report bugs, or get help with technical issues? Head over here.
Message 11 of 49 (1,642 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having a similar issue where my mouse and keyboard freezes up, if I'll be walking Issac will keep walking while I try to pause or shake my mouse to get control back, then it suddenly snaps back into place where the mouse is. The controller bindings do not help. I remembered the EA overlay taking over mouse and keyboard control when I reinstalled Battlefront 2, I'll see if disabling EA overlay will help.

Message 12 of 49 (1,595 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hy,

My problem was, that i could not use stomp, sprint and melee, because i was stuck in aim mode. First i tried removing game-pad keys, but when returning 1 page back, the key bindings return. So i thought that something is not compatible with my gear. I am using Razer orbweaver chroma, Logitech G915 and mouse G502 Lightspeed. After unplugging my Razer orbweaver chroma, the game started to work normal, so i fixed my issue. It seems that EA doesn't like RAZER gear. So if you have similar problem or problems, try first unplugging RAZER (or other brand) gear and try again. Usually we have to much peripherals connected in our computer. I hope i helped at least someone.

Good luck and have fun.

Message 13 of 49 (1,581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Turning off EA overlay didn't work.

Message 14 of 49 (1,573 Views)

High CPU temperature

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i have CPU temperature problem. Temperatures rise to 80-85 degrees

Please help me

Message 15 of 49 (1,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Yeah, I really hate to say it, but performance is abysmal for me. RTX 3060/Ryzen 5600h laptop. 80 fps at 1440p/balanced DLSS, but there's near constant hard hitches, smaller stutters, sustained FPS drops and my CPU is running hotter than I've ever seen it while gaming, causing my laptop to black screen and freeze up completely 15 minutes in to the game. Sanity tested against other heavy games and see normal temperatures. Will be refunding with a lot of disappointment. 

Message 16 of 49 (1,411 Views)

Re: High CPU temperature with my i7 12700k

★★ Novice

Yep, I have way high temps on my i7-10700k. 95-97 degrees.  I've never seen temps that high in any game.  I've barely been able to make it past the first cut scene.  My cooler is a Dark Rock Pro 4 and should be plenty.

Message 17 of 49 (1,337 Views)

★★ Novice

im having an issuie with my mouse cursor in menus i cant see the pointer and i have to use arrow keys to navigate the menus anyone else experiencing this issue?

Message 18 of 49 (1,384 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow 😭

Message 19 of 49 (1,315 Views)

Community Manager

@Cinder62219 @c_mck_141 

Lowering in-game graphics quality settings will help reduce hardware temperatures.

I would not be concerned with overheating until the temps get above 95+ centigrade.

CPU damage is prevented by automatic mechanisms on the CPU, unless this has been expressly disabled.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 20 of 49 (1,284 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help