Higher than normal PC Temps

by Linkoftime666

Original Post

Higher than normal PC Temps

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I am having issues with Dead Space(2023) on my PC

The temps on both my cpu 91 degress and gpu was hotter than normal and they are uncomfortably high and I have my AIO Cooler on performance. My game settings we on normal I had to turn DLSS on and ray tracing off, The Game ran fine graphically outside of that.

My other issue I am also having issues with my keyboard not working with the game. I have a razer huntsman v2. I tried to plug in 2 different xbox controllers and those wont work either with the game. I have restarted my game, pc. including a new game file as well. I can only walk. I can't stomp or sprint. And when I picked up the plasma cutter it just stays up. Any insight on how to fix this? the only thing I have not tried to get the controller to work is unplugging my Keyboard and mouse entirely from the pc and booting up the game in BIg Picture mode on steam. 

PC Specs

Cpu: Ryzen 5800X

GPU: Nvidia 3060 TI

MB: MSI x570

Ram: 64GB

The game is installed on a M.2

UPDATE: Unbinding the Controller key binds fixed keyboard issue!

Message 1 of 49 (4,944 Views)

Re: Dead Space 2023 issues on PC

★★★★★ Newbie
@Linkoftime666 I can't get my controller to work in game (event in main menu not working). Did you find a solution?
Message 2 of 49 (4,849 Views)

★★★ Newbie

having the same issues mate.

Seems like the game is defaulting to controller mode.

Because my friend who has on the ea launcher (i have it on steam), has the keyboard keys in the first collumb.

While i have it in the second. Ive tried setting it to force keyboard and mouse but its not working.

U running on steam?

Maybe the product code can be linked to the ea launcher instead and that fixes the issue?

Btw ive even tried to disable my controller in device manager.

Message 3 of 49 (4,788 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

nothing works for me.

no controller support at all

even k&m defaults dont work

then all of a sudden BOOM 60fps to 5fps. for no reason. in one room just got the plasma cutter. but all it does is aim constantly and i cant Unaim or shoot.

how are these people this incompetent???? its mind boggling. ITS A REMAKE FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!

Message 4 of 49 (4,785 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok i found a sollution,

If you want to play with keyboard and mouse.

go into controller settings.

> customization

now hover over all the gamepad keys ( the ones that you can disable, you cannot disable all of them)

and push T to clear it.

You can do this to stomp and sprint aso....

you will be able to play the game atleast Standard smile

Message 5 of 49 (4,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Linkoftime666 think you can vice versa it also by unbinding the k&m keys if you want to use a controller
Message 6 of 49 (4,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i found the guilty * on my computer, i reacted to you having the same keyboard as me and uninstalled razer apps.

Now the game defualts me to using k&m.

Razer synapse is the issue for me, and probably you too

Message 7 of 49 (4,711 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes going into the key bind sections for the controller and keyboard. Hover over the controller input and clear them "T" should be the default for clearing them on the keyboard. Once all the ones you can remove are gone save the settings and your keyboard should work. 

Message 8 of 49 (4,521 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You are an absolute GENIUS! i was getting angry because i was super stoked for this remake and could NOT for the life of me play the game without being able to melee, and aiming constantly. lol. 

Message 9 of 49 (4,433 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Minme is on ea launcher and I have the same problem too. It is not a steam thing. the game is broken.

Message 10 of 49 (4,365 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help