80-85 centigrades is normal for CPU in game ? @EA_Barry 

Message 21 of 49 (2,061 Views)

Re: High CPU temperature with my i7 12700k

★★ Novice

Oh ok 😢

Message 22 of 49 (2,028 Views)

Re: Dead Space 2023 issues on PC

★★★ Newbie

yeah.. my cpu is also burning up in this game,, doesnt matter what i change my settings to,, can run other games fine on 4k with ray tracing ,, temps never above 80 and frames are above 100.. this game does not like cpus it seems,, my gpu will run at under 80 and my cpu maxing out at 90.. i mean not even star citizen or other heavy on cpu games do this,, lol,, any fixes?

Message 23 of 49 (2,091 Views)

★★★ Newbie

only way i've found to play is to launch the game with the keyboard disconnected and my controller connected and just leave the keyboard disconnected while I play 

Message 24 of 49 (2,079 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is no way the large amount of people seeing these huge CPU temps all have cooling issues

Message 25 of 49 (2,066 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

75c with watercooler on a i9 9900k COME ON EA .  i run gothem nights on ultra and get lower temps and better frames

Message 26 of 49 (1,995 Views)

★★ Novice

Really ? 🤦I have watercooler too 😢

Message 27 of 49 (1,970 Views)

★ Novice

That's very weird, I have an i7 11700K, and in-game it is mostly unused, 2-4% cpu utilization...

Message 28 of 49 (1,962 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have noticed this as well.When playing Dead Space my CPU usage rests mostly around 40 to 50% use, according to RTSS. Despite that, the TDP maxes out almost instantly and the temp hits 70c and hovers around -- this NEVER happens unless my CPU is at 100% use. 

What could be causing this? Typically I have to run CPUID-Z or Timespy CPU to hit that level or power draw or temp above 70c, but with Dead Space it happens at a mere 40%. Why is this, does anyone know yet? I have good thermals and a well-tuned, quite fan curve/safe temp voltage curve that I spent hours on, and no other game causes this. Not worried I'll hurt my CPU, but I DO want to know if the game is, say, pushing one of my cores WAY too hard while ignoring the rest.  

Message 29 of 49 (1,945 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Lowering the graphics does not explain why my TDP is being maxed out at useage levels that are not even CLOSE to 100%. The temps, as well, hit 70c almost instantly, which almost NEVER happens outside of synthetic benchmarks. Can you at least explain what's causing this? 

Message 30 of 49 (1,941 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help