Traversal stutter on PC

by MrH999

Original Post

Betreff: Traversal stutter on PC

★★★★ Apprentice
@MohawkTheOne for Jedi fallen order use DXVK Async to improve performance and reduce stutters. Because it's a dx11 game and you can change the API to vulkan. In de beginning the game will stutter like crazy but in DXVK you are compiling a real shader. It will not solve the problem but it's much much better. For Dead Space is a different Story you can't use DXVK because it's a dx12 game.
Message 81 of 172 (1,125 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I get it but the thing is game reviews are very positive and I know some people still have a same problems.

Thats why I m always saying I hope game will be fixed with some future updates but trust me no need for spams and calling out EA, game really works without issue for Majority.

If you are sure that your rig is really high no worry go play something else untill next update. btw I m building rigs, I m not professional but still...

Again I really hope update will be released soon for people who still have a troubles.

It is not the same when you change your setting in folder and lock the file.

Settings in a game works a little diff sometimes.

Again. Hope its gonna be fixed for you all.

Message 82 of 172 (1,115 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Looking at Steam database of Dead Space Remake. The developers are very busy.

https://steamdb.info/app/1693980/history/

So I hope at the end of this week will have a patch.

Message 83 of 172 (1,093 Views)

★ Apprentice
@S1xthsense I’m trying to give Motive the benefit of the doubt, they seem like they really love Dead Space as much as we do. They fixed the PS5 bug 3 days after launch, meaning someone worked all weekend to fix it.

On a side note I borrowed the game on PS5? Runs absolutely flawlessly, its traversal stutter there is no more noticeable than God of War or Ratchet and Clank. The problem on PC is that the stutters last for upwards of 100 MS, where console feels like 16-30 MS…
Message 84 of 172 (1,068 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Seeing all those database entries has me withholding my snark for now, if they're working hard to fix it, that's good. Wish they'd say something, but if it's them saying "we're working on it" or seeing that they're actually working on it, I'll take seeing every time. (Though both would be nice...)

Message 85 of 172 (1,058 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@MohawkTheOne wrote:

It solved issue for a lot of people on Steam.

No I do not watch Digital Foundry so cant say nothing.

But thing is minority have problems with a game... check it on Steam.

Game is a benchmark for sure for mid/high rigs.

Edit If you stutter in Jedi Fallen Order, then I have no idea what to say.

Wait for patch. King regards.

Please don't come into tech threads when you're as tech savvy as my Grandma. Fallen Order stuttered on every platform, for everyone, and Dead Space has been proven to stutter on on PC, and to a lesser extent consoles. And Dead Space is not a workout for high end hardware, I can get up to 200fps, but no hardware currently available can brute force the stuttering. This issue is not affecting a minority, it affects everyone, some people are just ignorant to it.

Message 86 of 172 (1,033 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MohawkTheOne can you see any traversal stutters in this video ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ4zfwRgHjg
Message 87 of 172 (1,020 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@macatak wrote:
@MohawkTheOnecan you see any traversal stutters in this video ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ4zfwRgHjg

The 60 cap is doing work too, reducing the length of the stutters. I play at 120 at it's much worse, you should try uncapping and see how much worse it feels. Personally for me 60 doesn't feel smooth when using KBM on my 165Hz display, so capping to 60 isn't really an option for me.

Message 88 of 172 (984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@macatakYes, at literally every single point I see them at when I play. Look at your own damn frame time graph. Those spikes as you near doors are stutters.

And that's WITH you capping at 60 and walking at a low speed, which is hilarious. Doing everything you can to minimize the stutters for your video and you still can't get rid of them. Almost like it's a problem with the game.

You did a good job getting them that short, but most of us with a 4080 don't want to cap at a measly 60 FPS and walk like grandma through every door.

Anyway, they've been patching like crazy on the beta branch. Just nonstop. Here's hoping they get a fix that doesn't involve me basically emulating how someone plays during an E3 presentation.

Message 89 of 172 (956 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Xbob42 it's not my video, someone posted it on the Steam forums claiming they had no stutters
Message 90 of 172 (946 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help