[Old Report] Controls stop working in Dead Space on Steam

by kill3rvill3

Original Post

Re: Controls stop working in Dead Space on Steam

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, 

Firstly thanks for posting a reply on the fact that this is an issue but if I am honest I find this type of response terrible.  It surmounts to "Yes we are aware of the issue but have no idea when or even if it will be fixed" 

I and other have been posting on this forum for months now about this issue in various different shapes or forms but essentially it boils down to the fact there is something fundamentally broken with the way this game handles control inputs, and you are now saying you do not know when this will be fixed. 

I will try the validating / repairing of files through steam and removing binds once again as you have suggested but I would like you to post something here that outlines how I can get a refund if this does not fix the controls.  As you can see from this thread alone I have been vocal in my attempt to get this working, I have chased regularly on this issue.  I am past the point of the steam refund policy and as this is a known issue I feel the ownness is on you, EA to help me with a refund.  I am a long time fan of this game, thoroughly enjoying the previous games in the series and I was incredibly looking forward to this release.  Sadly it was released in a broken state and if there is no end in sight for this I would simply like my money back 

I will update you no later than Monday  17th of April if this has resolved my case  - that is my commitment of timeline to you, if no resolution is in place I want you to tell me  how I get a refund for this title 

Thanks again for taking the time to respond, I genuinely appreciate that  

Message 51 of 91 (984 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi 

I have tried today post repairing the game to play again.  Within 5 mins the controls stopped working 

~I have previously tried to uninstall the game and re install but this did not work either 

I have done all the steps the community and the "community managers" on here have suggested and if there is no hot fix available or roadmap for patching this issue I would like to formally request a refund for this title as it is not fit for purpose which saddens me greatly but its the situation I am in with this game 

Please advice how I can go about requesting a refund for this title outside of the steam process as the time for that has elapsed 

Please reply as soon as possible, I am done wasting my time on this matter 

Thanks in advance

Message 52 of 91 (963 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, 

Can I get an update on how to apply for a refund please 

Thanks in advance

Message 53 of 91 (939 Views)

Community Manager

@kill3rvill3 

If the game was purchased through the EA App, you can read up on the refund policy Here.

Steam refund request Here

If the game was purchased on a console, you would need to speak with that console as any refunds would go by their refund policy.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 54 of 91 (922 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, 

Thanks for your response but come on .....I stated in previous posts in this thread that the game has been played outside of the steam 2 hour / 2 week refund policy so whilst I can try and get a refund on this game I dont think I will be successful through steam 

As this issue was found within mins of playing the game the issue has been there all along but through trialling fixes on here and waiting for responses its now been months.

I think that EA should do something about this 

I will submit a refund request for this game and see if steam honor the refund but if not I would like some form of resolution from EA, this is your game with issues you have confirmed and that others have validated are also present on the EA version this is not a steam issue so directing me to their refund policy is a really weak response.

I will come back to this thread once I hear back from the steam refund process please keep this open as the issue is not resolved 

Message 55 of 91 (901 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Steam have confirmed that the refund will not be processed as it does not meet the requirements for a refund 

Please advise how you can assist in refunding me for this title

I can obviously provide proof of purchase if need be 

Thanks in advance

Message 56 of 91 (888 Views)

Community Manager

When it comes to refunds, when the purchase itself goes through another marketplace, launcher, or retailer in general, EA is not able to refund that purchase. The purchase itself is refunded as per the refund policy per that retailer. If they denied the refund, we would not be able to fulfill that refund request.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 57 of 91 (869 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, 

Again thankyou for the response 

As I am the consumer of this product and you are the publisher or developer and there are clearly problems which you have stated you are "tracking" I would like to know what you are able to do for me.

You released this game with the issues I have outlined and I am stuck with a product that is not fit for release and in someway (if it be steam or any other retailing platform) you have my money for these goods 

You have a responsibility to provide quality, if this is not at launch it should be very close to post launch as possible but this issue has been going on for months.  If there is no refund option, which in all honesty I understand I am looking to you for a fix 

As a company you have had time to release a post release trailer for the game yet a number of fixes for the issues I am faced with and others are without a patch 

Looking for answers and resolution please

Thanks in advance

Message 58 of 91 (861 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Is there any update to this issue or to what you can do for me in this position 

Thanks

Message 59 of 91 (812 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Any update or has this thread gone quiet again ?

any update on a patch or any other ways that you can advise this can be resolved 
You are clearly aware of the issue so I guess the question is will it ever be addressed or am I the proud owner of a load of useless files ?

Message 60 of 91 (785 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help