[Old Report] Controls stop working in Dead Space on Steam

by kill3rvill3

Original Post

Re: Controls stop working in Dead Space on Steam

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium is there any update
coming up to 3 months with no fix, I haven't seen a patch in god knows how long and I haven't seen a response in longer
Please update this thread on whats happening
Message 41 of 91 (1,314 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Oh Hi there super unresponsive support team 

Is there any update to this issue that was raised ages ago ?

this game is looking at me waiting to be played but then I remember how every so often the controls stop working.  Surely I cannot be the only person with this issue ?? Well, no, no I am not because other people have responded with the same issue and they have been ignored also 

so Is there any update  - me and the rest of the people who bought this game would like an update   - I would like to think that you are working on a fantastic patch to address this and the other issues being reported but who knows because nobody ever answers  - 

soooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Is there any update on this issue yet ?

Message 42 of 91 (1,273 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I feel your pain man, even though I just bought the game last night and have been only dealing with it since then. 

I had seen the 'clear your bindings and save' trick in several different threads and Reddit posts, but every single time I clear what I can from the 'Controller' column and save it, it repopulates right off the bat. Unable to sprint. 

My best guess is that the EA employees on the forum know that this is an issue, and are sheepishly ignoring it because either 1) The coding guys are working on it, or 2) The coding guys are NOT working on it, and aren't gonna work on it. 

I would think that if it were option #1, an EA person would flat out tell us that, with a 'sorry, no time frame known as of yet, but we're aware and working on it'. That leads me to believe it's more likely option #2. And if there are any EA employees out there reading this, you can squash all of this speculation with a simple post. It's your brand that's getting tarnished here EA, you may want to try and do something about it. 

Message 43 of 91 (1,222 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for replying and I'm sorry you are having this issue too

Hopefully the more people that raise this issue the better but we wait to see

Message 44 of 91 (1,206 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Is there any update 

Are your devs working on this or not 

Is it really too much to ask to get a response on this matter its clearly not an isolated issue with my configuration 

I'm willing to provide any help on figuring this out, logs,diags etc 

I look forward to hearing from you

Message 45 of 91 (1,205 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Is there any update to this issue 

My children have all grown up and gone to college in the time it has taken you to not respond 

I look forward to your response but as always I won't be holding my breath 

Message 46 of 91 (1,161 Views)

Dead Space (remake) keybinding issue

★★★ Newbie

I have Dead Space (remake) on PC. I can't sprint, and the trick of clearing controller binds doesn't work... as soon as I save them, some controller binds reappear. Is there a fix or work around for this? Is it a known bug that EA are working on?

Message 47 of 91 (1,136 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Any chance of an update 
Even if you say no its not being worked on or yes its being worked on or I don't know if its being worked on but I can find out for as a valued customer (sorry I made myself laugh then) 

So what do you think, do you think we will get an update this year on this issue ?

Message 48 of 91 (1,136 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

oh Hi there admin who doesn't reply 

Is there any update yet on this issue ?

I see the developers of the last of us have resolved most of their issues including a number of controller issues  - surely resolving the issues in Dead Space cant be impossible .....Can it ? 
It might even be easier to resolve the issues that it is to get a response from the support team 

I look forward to your response 

Message 49 of 91 (1,104 Views)

Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Wanted to let y'all know that this is something we are aware of and is being tracked. We have seen that different steps have been called out as working and not working for some. There is also a thread with info about players running into the same issue(s) HERE.

A lot of fixes are around unbinding controls but in different ways
Using different types of controllers such as PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Elite, etc.

When you get a chance, if you are playing through Steam, can you please repair the game, and try to unbind the keys again based on the hardware you are using from the threads? 

There is no eta on when this will be updated for the game. As a reminder, please refrain from numbing multiple times as this may get reported and actioned. 

Let's keep it safe, fun, and friendly out there!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 50 of 91 (1,083 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help