Traversal stutter on PC

by MrH999

Original Post

Betreff: Traversal stutter on PC

★ Apprentice
@S1xthsense A lot of devs push updates on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I’m not really getting my hopes up. Allegedly the devs are on post-launch vacation…
Message 51 of 172 (887 Views)

★ Apprentice
@S1xthsense Apologies, I was trying to get rid of microstuttering on my end. I understand sadly there is no solution to traversal stutter because that’s the game loading in assets.
Message 52 of 172 (875 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Xbob42 EA community manager just responded on our Reddit thread about the stuttering. She said the team is aware.
Message 53 of 172 (859 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@AlfaOneSeven "Aware," huh? Oh boy... That's a far cry from "actively working on a fix for something that the community has complained about for like 2 weeks."
Message 54 of 172 (845 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Xbob42 Not ideal, agreed. But at least they’ve acknowledged the issue. She probably isn’t allowed to say too much.
Message 55 of 172 (831 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, that's usually the best response community managers can give until the team gives them more information to report back with.

Considering they attempted a fix for this issue last week (although sadly unfruitfully), my gut feeling is that they are still actively working on the fix, but the issue may be more complicated than anticipated. If it requires changing how assets are loaded or streamed, it may take some time.

Best we can hope for is the betas they're pushing to the Steam depot is leading to a patch that attempts at that.

I get the frustration, though. I've paused my own playthrough until it's fixed, and I'd really like to get back at it.

Message 56 of 172 (817 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

updated depots 1 hour ago, must be some not on vacation Thumbs up

https://steamdb.info/app/1693980/history/

Message 57 of 172 (790 Views)

★ Apprentice
@macatak I’m sorry, but I’m not familiar with Steam database. What are “depot” and “beta?”
Message 58 of 172 (786 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

beta_patch, beta_patch_stab, beta_testenv

testing branches i think, if there are updates in the depots we know the game is being worked on to an extent

Message 59 of 172 (780 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Today Digital foundry will release the pc tech video.

https://twitter.com/Dachsjaeger/status/1623637475728973829?s=20&t=De5qMP0fSx8qJPVoFpar6A 

It's gonna be a stutter mess. 😢

Message 60 of 172 (736 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help