Re: ATTENTION EA: Does any controller or gamepad work with this game?

by JO5HY910

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
@ColoTechMan Me too. My Xbox Series X wireless controller is not recognized in any way on both EA Play and Steam platforms.

For the moment I have requested a refund, I am hoping for a patch.
Message 11 of 18 (1,611 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@chaymh1992 Works with your PC , because in my PC the Xbox Series X wireless controller is not recognized in any way. Both on Steam and EA Play.

Yes I bought the game both parts, the other games I own the controller is recognized and works perfectly
Message 12 of 18 (1,586 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@cahoonai wrote:
@ColoTechManIve only found it doesnt work if you start the game THEN connect the gamepad. As long as the gamepad is connected before launching its fine?!

I always have my Tarturus connected as I use it for most games. And it still doesn't work with keybinds in game.

Devs really need to fix the control issues ASAP. This is game breaking for many people.

Message 13 of 18 (1,552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Actually it does work (at least I FINALLY got it working).  Go into the game.  Go to the Controller key bindings screen.  Clear "T" JUST THE LEFT COLUMN of key bindings.  Leave the center and right columns alone.  SAVE.  Now my Tartarus v2 is working perfectly and it makes this game SO much easier to play than just using the keyboard.

GOOD LUCK!

Message 14 of 18 (1,541 Views)

★★ Novice

Glad you got yours to work. I had to buy for PS5 and EA won't let me return it for PC since it was after 2 days despite not being able to use a controller. 

Message 15 of 18 (1,518 Views)

★★ Novice

Just to give an update on this, I was having issues as I use both a Tartarus as well as an Xbox pad from time to time and the unbind method makes this a massive pain due to unbinding all of the keys. I have however found a workaround that should allow BOTH the Tartarus and a game controller to work interchangeably without the need to unbind or unplug.

The Tartarus' thumbpad is what causes the issues here as windows detects it as an analogue stick at all times which can then trigger some games to think that a controller is connected and prevent certain actions or trigger controller ui.

To disable this analogue stick behaviour, you need to:

1. Go to Device Manager
  2. Under Human Interface Devices, find HID-compliant game controller
  3. Right click the device and select Disable device

(If you have multiple of the "HID-compliant game controller", to find the right one, simply right click and view the device properties, go to the Events tab and at the very bottom you should see Parent Device: RZVIRTUAL)

This should remove the analogue function from the Tartarus and allow you to use either a game controller or the keypad independently. The main drawback to this approach is that obviously it takes away the analogue part of your keypad's functionality but it does allow the thumbpad to be used in the d-pad mode. 

Message 16 of 18 (1,497 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just as an update the problem is still present. I recently bought a Tartarus Pro and the only way to make it work correctly is to turn it on when I'm already in game. All the other solutions don't work for me. I tried to clear the left column but everytime I restart the game with the Tartarus connected it gets filled with default controls so no luck there.

I also opened Device Manager and disabled the XBox Controller entry (it was the Razer Tartarus) as adviced on another forum but nothing changed and the issue persisted.

I don't want to disable the analog function because then I could have bought the Tartarus V2 so the only solution is to turn off the device, start the game, and turn it on again. It is some sort of check the game does when it starts but the devs seem to not care about it anymore.

Message 17 of 18 (404 Views)

★★ Novice

When I say analogue function, I believe it only disables treating the 4 thumb directions as an "analogue thumbstick". This is what triggers the game to think that there is a controller connected. The analogue function of the keys themselves should remain unchanged.

Message 18 of 18 (285 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help