Razer Tartarus Pro Gaming Keypad

by jhw54942

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Razer Tartarus Pro Gaming Keypad

★★★ Newbie

Severe incompatibility with Razer Tartarus Pro Gaming Keypad

Upon playing for the first time I tried using my Razer Tartarus Pro Gaming Keypad, but found that the game would fire the gun randomly, and multiple functions would not work (space, right click, shift). Upon unplugging the device everything returned to normal, but forced me to use my standard keyboard. The odd part is that I wasn't trying to use a mix of controller and keyboard, because I found that had issues. I was using it in keyboard mode, nothing fancy.

Message 1 of 18 (4,344 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Razer Tartarus Pro Gaming Keypad

★ Novice
@jhw54942 You can fix it by clearing most of the controller keybinds. Some menu ones will not clear but thats ok

View in thread

Message 3 of 18 (4,299 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

YEP, you can add me to list too.  It took me a couple hours just to get my keyboard and mouse working with the default bindings.  Like others sprint, stomp, aiming, etc. wasn't working right.  Got that resolved then plugged in my Razer Tartarus v2 gamepad, mapped a couple keys, and tried it.  It doesn't work right. 

The d-pad works for directions (F, B, L, R) but the key mappings don't work - can't sprint, can't stomp, can't use the plasma cutter correctly (it aims all the time), etc.  Unplug the Tartarus v2 and the game works.  Plug it back in and the key mappings don't work.

I really want to play this game with game pad - If anyone has any suggestions OR if EA and fix this issue in the next update that would be AWESOME!

Hardware: Custom PC, ASUS z690 MB, Intel i7-12700K CPU, EVGA RTX 3090 TI, 23GB RAM, Logitech K860 Keyboard (works), Razer Basilisk v3 (works)

Razer Tartarus v2 running Razer Synapse software v3.8.116.10612 (the latest).

THANKS!

Message 2 of 18 (4,206 Views)

★ Novice
@jhw54942 You can fix it by clearing most of the controller keybinds. Some menu ones will not clear but thats ok
Message 3 of 18 (4,300 Views)

ATTENTION EA: Does any controller or gamepad work with this game?

★★★ Newbie

ATTENTION EA! - PLEASE GET CONTROLLERS AND GAMEPADS WORKING CORRECTLY!

This game has some major controller/input issues as others are reporting in numerous discussions. It took me over an hour just to get the keyboard and mouse working with all keybindings. I had to do the clear "T" trick that others have suggested and some fiddling with it.

But I am really used to playing games with the Razer Tartarus v2/Pro controllers and this game should work with them. I have tried all of the following to get this controller to work (just an FYI) I have a pretty high-end system running Windows 10 Pro:

* Uninstalled and reinstalled the game itself
* Uninstalled and reinstalled the Razer software (Synapse v3.8 -latest)
* Removed everything my PC inputs except for the keyboard and mouse
* Quit all unnecessary startup software running in memory
* Tried different Razer profiles in the software
* Tried different key mapping and remapping combinations
* Tried unplugging the Tartarus before starting the game, then plugging it in mid-game (as soon as I do this, the game goes into aim mode and shoots a plasma shot)
* Tried the clear "T" trick in game and reassigning the bindings to "default"

SO has anyone gotten a PC gaming controller to work (if so which one), OR have you gotten the Tartarus to work correctly (if so what did you do)...

PC: Custom - ASUS z690 MB, i7-12700K, EVGA RTX 3090TI, 32GB RAM, (numerous keyboards), (numerous mice), and the Tartarus v2 and Pro.

THANKS!

Message 4 of 18 (4,370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@ZalYagunRyaiI don't see how to clear it, just reassign. Any input?
Thanks so much!

EDIT: I missed the "Clear" option [T] on the bottom. Thank you for the fix!

Message 5 of 18 (4,267 Views)

Re: ATTENTION EA: Does any controller or gamepad work with this game?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Me too. Not just you man. I don't even own a Tartarus and I cannot get a controller to work. Currently talking to EA help. See how this goes. 

Message 6 of 18 (4,337 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I use an Xbox one Elite Series 2 controller myself via bluetooth and I havent had any issues, so that i can confirm works.

Message 7 of 18 (4,309 Views)

(PC) Has anyone been able to get the Razer Tartarus v2/Pro to work?

★★★ Newbie

After following suggestions in other discussions I FINALLY got my keyboard and mouse to work with the correct mappings (sprint, stomp, etc.) BUT what I really want is to get my Razer Tartarus v2 working. When I use it in the game sprint doesn't work, stomp doesn't work, the plasma cutter is always aiming, plus some other issues. I have tried all of the following to try to get it to correctly (on Windows 11 Pro):

* Uninstalled and reinstalled the game itself
* Uninstalled and reinstalled the Razer software (Synapse v3.8 -latest)
* Removed everything my PC inputs except for AND including my keyboard and mouse
* Quit all unnecessary startup software running in memory
* Tried different Razer profiles in the software
* Tried different key mapping and remapping combinations
* Tried unplugging the Tartarus before starting the game, then plugging it in mid-game (as soon as I do this, the game goes into aim mode, fires a shot, sprint/stomp don't work, plus some other stuff).
* Tried the clear Phone trick in game and reassigning the bindings to "default"

ATTENTION EA - It looks like this game has a lot of controller and gamepad issues that still need to be fixed. BUT has anyone gotten the Razer Tartarus v2 or Pro (SPECIFICALLY) to work, and if so what did you do - details please - Any suggestions/tips would be most appreciated!

PC: Custom - ASUS z690 MB, Intel i7-12700K, EVGA RTX 3090TI, 32GB RAM, (several keyboards), (several mice), and the Tartarus v2.

Message 8 of 18 (4,265 Views)

Re: (PC) Has anyone been able to get the Razer Tartarus v2/Pro to work?

★★★ Newbie

WOW - Another gamer found a solution that worked:  Start the Razer Synapse software and plug in the Razer Tartarus v2/Pro then start the game.  In game go into the controller settings layout (with the 3 columns of key mappings) AND clear "T" out JUST the left-most column (the controller key mappings) as much as you can.  A few of the settings cannot be cleared but that's ok.  Leave the center and right columns of key mappings just as they are.  Then do a SAVE.  THAT WORKED FOR ME!!!

Message 9 of 18 (4,248 Views)

★ Novice
@ColoTechMan Ive only found it doesnt work if you start the game THEN connect the gamepad. As long as the gamepad is connected before launching its fine?!
Message 10 of 18 (4,284 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help