Dead Space 2 old boxed game

by Niedzwiedz85

Original Post

Dead Space 2 old boxed game

★★★ Newbie

I have a Dead Space 2 BOX, version with the Plasma Cutter Toy and Extra EVO suit and weapon in game.

All was working and i finished the game when i bought it. 

"WAS" working when there was no EA APP and now it is crap. 

Can't run my DS2 because i can install the game through app, but when i run the game it crashes, and shows a screen to buy the game.

I found a solution on the EA forum's it is a problem of the key that was added to the game, EAAPP doesn't recognize the key and a new one needs to be generated. 

The support keeps validating my account, and then the do something/nothing and they say that it will now work for sure. 

And again I open the case and gues what?

The support validates my account, and then gives me more of the solution befor, and say that it will now work for sure.

And again I open the case and ....

I can keep that up, and i know that new game is cheap but now i'am sure I should not give up

Any solution for that crapp support?

I know how to repair the game it's just the case of generating a new kay for a game i already paid for? But what to do with that support because it basicly does nothing...

Message 1 of 14 (1,718 Views)

Re: Dead Space 2 old boxed game

Community Manager
Hi @Niedzwiedz85, Apologies to confirm what does the error message state?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 14 (1,687 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Illium the error says that there was an error that makes the game impossible to run.
I did reinstalation, update, repair and confirmed that all files are there. It's just the key/license problem. It does not recognize the old Game Key
Message 3 of 14 (1,616 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @78cc45d9800b1856 

To confirm do you get that error message when you attempt to use the CD key? 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 14 (1,572 Views)

★ Novice

No, the game is added to my account. 

Before EA app i finished the game.

Now i'am able to install the game.

I can Press play.

Then i get error that the game cant run.

I validate/reinstall and go back to Press play.

What is funny in my first post i give a solution to the problem that is confirmed. 

But its beyond comprehension of the stuff.

I did i thunk 9 cycles of EA support, each time heari g that naw it is solved. 

Still the game is not working.

Ill repeat, dont know why my CD key from the boxed game is not workimg with the app. I already sent the log many tymes to the support staff that mentions timeout and all. 

Check the link from the post god damn it. The solution is memtioned there but perhaps current support is unable to ready or just doesnt want to.

Best regards

Message 5 of 14 (1,561 Views)

Message 6 of 14 (1,558 Views)

Dead Space 2 and 3 won't start due to activation requirement

★★★ Newbie

In EA App I click on the 'Play' button. They grey window pops up and there it says Sign up with you Origin Account to activate Dead Space 2 on this computer. I write in my email address and password. The window disappears and nothing happens. I'm back in EA App.

I have already reinstalled app, game and cleared cache twice. After two hours of searching for answers, half an hour of searching for link to live support and two hours of chatting with someone who appeared like chat bot I'm no close to success. Does any of you have some tips? 

Message 7 of 14 (1,523 Views)

Re: Dead Space 2 and 3 won't start due to activation requirement

Community Manager

Hey @nemamkurvaid 

To confirm have you already tried the following?

Spoiler

Cheers!

Illium.png

Message 8 of 14 (1,491 Views)

Re: Dead Space 2 and 3 won't start due to activation requirement

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same problem too. Neither Deadspace 2 or 3 will activate anymore.

"We're sorry, an error has occurred. We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate Deadspace TM 2 on this computer using your account. Please try again later"

I have tried repairing both of them, there is nothing wrong with them (of course there isn't) or anything on my system, moreover, they are simple games that have no problem running if not for this activation rubbish.

These are games that I own, not through the subscription. It's not all games that won't activate, it seems to be just these.

I don't care how many years ago we purchased these games, we have a right to access them.

Message 9 of 14 (1,465 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, the game is added to my account. 

Before EA app i finished the game.

Now i'am able to install the game.

I can Press play.

Then i get error that the game cant run.

I validate/reinstall and go back to Press play.

What is funny in my first post i give a solution to the problem that is confirmed. 

But its beyond comprehension of the stuff.

I did i thunk 9 cycles of EA support, each time heari g that naw it is solved. 

Still the game is not working.

Ill repeat, dont know why my CD key from the boxed game is not workimg with the app. I already sent the log many tymes to the support staff that mentions timeout and all. 

Check the link from the post god damn it. The solution is memtioned there but perhaps current support is unable to ready or just doesnt want to.

The link below, page 5 in the middle author JuanRemorquez

Sorry i have two account's plan to merge them when i solve the problem off Dead Space 2

Best regards

Message 10 of 14 (1,455 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help