[Old Report] Controls stop working in Dead Space on Steam

by kill3rvill3

Original Post

Re: Controls stop working in Dead Space on Steam

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Holy Butts Batman. I didn't have the "randomly inputs stop being processed and you continue in whatever direction you were going" issue until today. I hadn't played the game since March. I had just started the game after cloning my C:\ from a HDD to a SSD and thought that was the issue. Looks like I'm going to have to just add my name to the pile. Hopefully a patch will come out sometime (unlikely knowing corporate structure). And yes, @EA_Shepard (shudders), I'll try the troubleshooting steps, but it looks like our person, @kill3rvill3, has our back on this. Keep EA honest Kill. We've got your back. :raised_fist:

(cm edit - removed language)

Message 71 of 91 (1,564 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Valerea Im sorry to hear you are having these issues now, its beyond acceptable at this point but all the things you hear about EA post sales support seems to be true at this point and my opinion on that wont change until this issue is addressed I guess

@EA_Shepard Is there any update yet, can you at least ask the question and come back to us with a response from your development team ?
Message 72 of 91 (1,486 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Shepard Is there any update yet
Has this game been abandoned from any support now because it feels like it has
1 month of updates post launch probably due to the bad press from outlets like Digital Foundry and then nothing, dwindling player numbers probably forced the 90 min free trial to be released and yet nothing in the way of a patch for the numerous issues listed on this site
Can we please get an update other than you cant see anything ?
Message 73 of 91 (1,438 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Is there any update yet ?

Message 74 of 91 (1,395 Views)

Community Manager

@kill3rvill3 I took a look and the last update i can see is that this issue was closed as it could not be replicated with the information that was provided by players. If this is still an issue for players, any steps to fix it will be done through troubleshooting the system, cables, files, and controllers. I know that is not the most ideal of updates but unfortunately, there is not an update to this or the game at this time that would resolve this specific issue.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 75 of 91 (1,386 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@kill3rvill3 I recently started playing this game and have encountered this same issue. I'm playing the Steam version using a PS5 controller.

Just last night I tried powering off my USB DAC (used as a headphone amp) and switching to a regular 3.5mm headphone device, admittedly I've only had 2 short 45 minute game sessions since but this may have resolved my issue, previously even if only playing for an hour I'd expect my controller to go unresponsive once or twice during that time. Interesting I have a similar problem with Battlefield 2042 where my game will freeze entirely (audio works) and then resume, this would also happen with similar regularity to the issue with the controller on DS R.

If you have other USB devices (excluding your standard KB+M) you may want to try disabling or removing them for a session and see if it resolves your issue, particularly if you're using USB audio of any kind, I suspect there's some underlying problem that's related to Frostbite engine.

Good luck and hope it solves your problems.

Also, @EA_Shepard please share this issue of USB audio with the technical team.

Message 76 of 91 (4,179 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Commando_Drewski Edit: I just noted from your first response that you removed other USB devices. None the less, leaving this post here in case you happen to use USB headphones/DAC and didn't consider these.
Message 77 of 91 (1,342 Views)

Community Manager

@Commando_Drewski wrote:

@kill3rvill3 I recently started playing this game and have encountered this same issue. I'm playing the Steam version using a PS5 controller.

Just last night I tried powering off my USB DAC (used as a headphone amp) and switching to a regular 3.5mm headphone device, admittedly I've only had 2 short 45 minute game sessions since but this may have resolved my issue, previously even if only playing for an hour I'd expect my controller to go unresponsive once or twice during that time. Interesting I have a similar problem with Battlefield 2042 where my game will freeze entirely (audio works) and then resume, this would also happen with similar regularity to the issue with the controller on DS R.

If you have other USB devices (excluding your standard KB+M) you may want to try disabling or removing them for a session and see if it resolves your issue, particularly if you're using USB audio of any kind, I suspect there's some underlying problem that's related to Frostbite engine.

Good luck and hope it solves your problems.

Also, @EA_Shepard please share this issue of USB audio with the technical team.

Thank you so much for this information. I will certainly take note of this and pass it along to the team.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 78 of 91 (1,320 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I will try this and report back 

thanks @Commando_Drewski for the suggestion  - i will try this out 

Message 79 of 91 (1,285 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Shepard wow, where do I start......This is honestly a disgusting response which basically reads Thanks for your money - you are on your own
no further support outside of less than a handful of patches (was it 3 in total)

I understand its not your fault shepard and I appreciate the fact that once communication was flowing you at least kept us updated but I think the company direction on this is disgusting and one that will seriously stop me buying any future EA titles

Multiple other parties on here have similar problems and I guess they are all out of luck too - dead game, no support disgusting cash grab
Message 80 of 91 (1,280 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help