[Old Report] Controls stop working in Dead Space on Steam

by kill3rvill3

Original Post

Re: Controls stop working in Dead Space on Steam

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium Is there any update on this issue ?
why is nobody updating this post ?
If there is another method to contact support then please let me know because the problems with this game are still outstanding and this post is just me chasing for an update every day - this level of support is not what I would have expected from a company the size of EA
Message 21 of 91 (1,303 Views)

★ Novice

I am having this issue as well. Exactly as described by kill3rvill3. Game is unplayable in this state. Adding a simple 'controller selection page' to enable or disable detected controllers could possibly alleviate this.

Message 22 of 91 (1,280 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@trepidine I appreciate you posting - hopefully this will help visibility and we will get a response soon on the issue.
Message 23 of 91 (1,268 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have just tried after yesterdays patch and the issue is still the same 

As always I can play for a short while and then the keyboard and mouse controls stop working and all the gamepad controls are back in place  - can you please update us on this issue  - this is becoming a joke now 

Message 24 of 91 (1,248 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium is there any update or indication of a patch for this issue ?
Message 25 of 91 (1,210 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium still not working - prob due to nothing being done
any update or should I try to pee upstream ?
Message 26 of 91 (1,191 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium Posting again to see if this has been addressed yet - if you are unable to look at this is anyone else from EA able to comment to stop me checking daily and becoming increasingly frustrated in the fact that me and many others are having control issues with this game
Message 27 of 91 (1,173 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium Is there any update to this issue or is it a case of just ignoring it and hoping it goes away now that you have my money and anyone elses money who has bought this game and having control based problems ?
Message 28 of 91 (1,150 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It has been a month and I'm still having to disconnect my controller, then when the game starts, disconnect my keyboard/mouse, wait till the menu screen, plug in my controller and ONLY my keyboard for my Controller to work properly. If I at any point connect any mouse, it messes up the controller and will randomly cause input on default settings like "left trigger to aim and shoot. Completely ignores any input from LB/RB. I have to restart the game and repeat earlier steps for it to work properly again. 

It's kind of a basic issue to have for Xbox Elite controllers day one,  let alone well over a month after the game comes out. I literally have no issues with any other games, including EA games like "the Show". So how can you get the controller profile right on other games, but can't seem to have the game recognize multiple inputs? Hell, even create a setting to prefer inputs or select which input you want to use. That's literally two lines of code. Just completely lazy in this day and age to not have mainstream controller support. If it was a 3rd party knockoff, I could understand a little, but not for Xbox Elite controllers.

Message 29 of 91 (1,145 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium We now have another person on this thread with control based issues. Like that person I have had these issues since launch day. This really needs to be addressed and we need a response. You have taken our money and released a broken product, worse yet you are ignoring multiple messages on this thread and others regarding fixes.
Is there any update on a proper control system for this game
Message 30 of 91 (1,126 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help