[Old Report] Controls stop working in Dead Space on Steam

by kill3rvill3

Original Post

Re: Controls stop working in Dead Space on Steam

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium Is there any update on this issue ?
Message 11 of 91 (1,925 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium highlighting other users having this issue from reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadSpace/comments/10mumqe/losing_control_input_ea_desktop/

Can we get some kind of response please to this issue, acknowledgement that you are aware and working on it - the game is fantastic other than this issue making it really unplayable and the support side seem to have gone silent here which isnt exactly great
Message 12 of 91 (1,906 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @kill3rvill3 Apologies for the delay in response. I've seen some other reports on controls no longer working. To check do you alt+tab out for any reason before this happens? 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 13 of 91 (1,882 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium No I do not alt tab at all - I just start the game and in no time it does this issue I have described. If it helps I can create a video and post it to youtube to show you how the symptoms occur
Message 14 of 91 (1,876 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium I think the issue is to do with the control settings reverting back to controller even after I have cleared the controller bindings from all settings
Message 15 of 91 (1,875 Views)

Community Manager
@kill3rvill3 Do you have a controller or another USB device plugged in when this happens?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 16 of 91 (1,832 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium I have already provided this information and the answer is no just keyboard and mouse.
I find it unacceptable that I had to wait for a day to be asked a question that I have already answered be asked again.
Is this the only form of support for this game or is there another method to raise technical support queries and bugs ??
Message 17 of 91 (1,813 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium Is there any update please
Message 18 of 91 (1,777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Illiumoh EA's fantastic technical support. Is there any update to this issue. You mentioned that you had seen more reports of control related issues, clearly there is a wider problem than what I am experiencing so is there any indication of a fix, a work around or heaven forbid a patch to address these issues ?
Its been 2 weeks since I raised the issue, you have my money and I have a faulty game - if there is nothing in the pipeline for a fix I would like to know how I go about requesting a refund outside of steam given their refund policy is for 2 weeks of none play or 2 hours of actual play
I wait for a response, hopefully a meaningful one as so far the customer experience has been nothing short of terrible

Message 19 of 91 (1,754 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium Hi, is there any update on this ? This issue is not resolved
Message 20 of 91 (1,725 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help