Re: WONT CONNECT TO EA SERVERS DESPITE BEING CONNECTED TO PS5 ONLINE

by LOA_Robzilla_FRC

Original Post

Community Manager

@0c8bceffa5029634 

Instead of assuming, we need to find out if power cycling helps and if your ISP notices any issues.

If you've done that, as a test, switch your connection to use a mobile hotspot and let me know if it connects or not.

Aljo.png
Message 31 of 40 (928 Views)

★★ Novice

I work from home for a government funded IT company.  My internet is among the best available in the USA. There are no firewalls,  no VPNs on my console, which might impose such an issue. I am connected.  Look at my current speeds in the attached image. This is with myself and 5 others all gaming at the same time. When it is only myself gaming,  those speeds are tripled, at the very least. Switching to a lesser quality mobile hotspot is not going to resolve this.  Of the 6 consoles in my home,  4 PS4s and 2 PS5s, I am the only one experiencing this issue. I did not have this issue until I upgraded from a PS4, to PS5. Of all the games I play,  it is only EA games giving me a problem. Rockstar,  Ubisoft, Bethesda and many others all linked without a single issue. Explain why,  when selecting Link/Create an EA account, are we not simply able to enter our EA account credentials, to link but instead are forced into "Welcome back!  Your password has expired. Please scan the QR code or enter the link in your browser to reset your password." which I've done over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. Stop trying to redirect blame to internet connectivity and offer an actual resolution on how to fix this simple issue of linking my EA account to my console. What a complete joke. 

Message 32 of 40 (913 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LOA_Robzilla_FRC Beyond frustrating. I'm having the same account connectivity issues again. This happened to me 5 years ago. No one from EA was any help. The only solution I found was to create an entirely new PSN & EA account and link them. Now 5 years later This new account is having the same problems. EA keeps talking about Internet connectivity issues, but there are no issues with any other games.
Message 33 of 40 (777 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very 

Message 34 of 40 (600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have bought the FC24 for my ps5 and i am facing the same issue it couldn’t connect to ea surver i have all the trouble shooting what should i do now

Message 35 of 40 (457 Views)

Community Manager

@240bd1d48oc8 

This looks like a different issue than the others in this thread. I don't think it's connection related. Do you have the game installed on the internal hard drive or is it on an external one? Also, when exactly does this error occur?

Aljo.png
Message 36 of 40 (448 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same Problem with the Login. It's only on PS5, in Battlefront 1 AND Battlefront 2. It's the exact same problem that it says my password did expire even after many resets of my password. In that case im not able to play any of the games, can that pls get fixed? I just bought them a month ago but still can't connect to my profile. It is also installed on the internal hard drive.

Message 37 of 40 (365 Views)

★★ Novice

Don't hold your breath.  This 'support' is utterly useless.  All they want to do is continually blame your internet.  They've lost 6 customers just between myself and my friends.  Maybe when they get to 0 customers they'll finally pull their heads out of their *' and actually DO something to fix it. 🙄

Message 38 of 40 (361 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This goes to show how little knowledge tech support has. The connection speed is not whats keeping us from accessing our EA account, in any way, shape, or form. Its literally you alls garbage scripts…I have the same issue but mine never gave me the option to link an account, it literally says “cant sign in to psn or ea account, please sign in” HOW IN THE HELL AM I GOING TO SIGN IN IF IM NOT GIVEN AN OPTION TO ENTER ANY OF MY INFORMATION?????

Message 39 of 40 (182 Views)

★★ Novice
@SlimedYaOut EXACTLY! Support tells us not to assume, when that's all they do is assume we don't know what we're talking about. There is no connectivity issues, no bandwith issues, the only issue is not being able to enter our EA user ID and password to link the account. It's not rocket science. These guys are probably in some 3rd world country and have never seen a computer let alone a gaming console and are reading from a script of answers, but because our issue isn't in their script, all they can do is repeat the same useless resolution.
Message 40 of 40 (149 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help