[Steam] Controls stop working in Dead Space

by BarelyFunctionin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Steam] Controls stop working in Dead Space

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same exact issue. Random drops out of my input, and the game will continue the last pushed key inputs and I have to alt tab to pause the game and give it a few seconds to reset.

I too have a USB DAC. Unplugging it seems to be working (for now). What's going on here? Is the buffer getting flooded with garbage input? Why does it only occur with multiple USB devices? Are they being read as input somehow erroneously?

Message 1 of 5 (547 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Controls stop working in Dead Space on Steam

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same issue, KB+Mouse stopped working right when I completed an objective and never started working again.  No other controllers connected.  Playing it through Xbox PC Game Pass/EA Launcher.  This hasn't happened in any other game I've ever played, just this one.  I was about 3 and a half hours into the game when it occurred.

04/25/24 Update: I unplugged every USB cable except KB+Mouse and haven't had a single incident since and finished the game.  Great game despite the issue.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (494 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same issue, KB+Mouse stopped working right when I completed an objective and never started working again.  No other controllers connected.  Playing it through Xbox PC Game Pass/EA Launcher.  This hasn't happened in any other game I've ever played, just this one.  I was about 3 and a half hours into the game when it occurred.

04/25/24 Update: I unplugged every USB cable except KB+Mouse and haven't had a single incident since and finished the game.  Great game despite the issue.

Message 2 of 5 (495 Views)

Community Manager

Hey folks,

Had to separate these threads as the other one is too old. Sadly for an update, there really won't be one since the game has no more planned ones. A lot of games I have seen have issues with multiple USB ports being used like this. 

Can you attach a DxDiag? We can take a look and go from there, but at this point of the games lifecycle, it will be trying to find what is causing it and workarounds that push a fix for it.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 5 (473 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This may seem rather redundant, but I always purchase any game on the App, (in this case EA app) that I will use for it, or sells it.

It is just one less potential point of issues. Just opinion, but I don't link games anymore. I had minor problems in the past, not just EA,

so decided to keep them seperate, well at least for any single player game.

Message 4 of 5 (405 Views)

Re: [Steam] Controls stop working in Dead Space

Community Manager

Hey Everyone

As this thread is a bit old at this point, things have changed and been updated, we will lock this down and consider this resolved.

If you run into any further issues please create a new thread or add your information to an existing thread so we can begin tracking accordingly!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 5 (158 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help