by brokeundertaker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Since Last update, unable to connect to Comp or private matches

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: EA SPORTS PGA TOUR
Platform:Steam-PC
Summarize your bug since update last week am unable to play competetive or private match as game boots me back to home screen just before 1st hole happens nearly everytime
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? loads up mini screens flag going over screen then goes back to main menu
What do you expect to see? the 1st hole

ca

Message 1 of 14 (3,215 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Private match kicks me out

Community Manager

Hi @GodOfWalkers @brokeundertaker 

Can we try the following and check if this continues?

• EA App's Cache (Top Left Menu > Help > App Recovery) 
  • Repair/Verify your game based on which client you are launching from
    • EA App - Repair (My Collection > Tile Dots > Repair)
    • EGS - Repair (Library > Tile dots > Manage > Verify)
    • Steam - Verify in your library
  • Run the System File Checker tool then Check for Windows and GPU updates  
  • Default your game to the high-performance GPU, AMD Settings | Nvidia Settings | Windows Settings 
  • Install/Repair your VC++ files for the game (Microsoft VC++ Link)
  • Check for other applications that may be limiting EA App or Game performance
  • Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Untick the options in LAN Settings (make sure nothing is checked under Proxy Server) 
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 7 of 14 (2,989 Views)

All Replies

Re: cannot connect to a private match or competetive on p.c

Community Manager
@brokeundertaker Wanted to check if this is still happening?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 14 (3,168 Views)

Private match kicks me out

★★ Newbie

Product: EA SPORTS PGA TOUR
Platform:PlayStation 5
Summarize your bug When In a private match, the game just kicks me out and says connecting to ea servers.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No clue
What happens when the bug occurs? It kicks me out of the private match
What do you expect to see? A full 18 holes.

Nothing additional 

Message 3 of 14 (3,168 Views)

Re: cannot connect to a private match or competetive on p.c

★★★ Novice

yes i tried again last night 24/05/2023 & booted me straight out after 2 attempts have tried re-installing game lowering settings etc to same results

Message 4 of 14 (3,151 Views)

Community Manager

HI @bennyp77sgjv When you have a moment can we try the following steps?

• Clear the systems cache (Close the game completely > Turn off the console > Wait 30-60 seconds > Restart and Relaunch)
  • Verify you signed into your PSN account
  • Check for updates 
  • Restore Licence
  • Try the steps in our Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Open your PS5 NAT Type
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  

Illium.png

Message 5 of 14 (3,131 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem as the original poster on PC. I get dropped from a private match before I even get to tee off from the first hole. I redownloaded the game. I've updated all my drivers. I have no issues at all on 2k but have yet to be able to play a private match on EA. 

Message 6 of 14 (3,039 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @GodOfWalkers @brokeundertaker 

Can we try the following and check if this continues?

• EA App's Cache (Top Left Menu > Help > App Recovery) 
  • Repair/Verify your game based on which client you are launching from
    • EA App - Repair (My Collection > Tile Dots > Repair)
    • EGS - Repair (Library > Tile dots > Manage > Verify)
    • Steam - Verify in your library
  • Run the System File Checker tool then Check for Windows and GPU updates  
  • Default your game to the high-performance GPU, AMD Settings | Nvidia Settings | Windows Settings 
  • Install/Repair your VC++ files for the game (Microsoft VC++ Link)
  • Check for other applications that may be limiting EA App or Game performance
  • Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Untick the options in LAN Settings (make sure nothing is checked under Proxy Server) 

Illium.png

Message 7 of 14 (2,990 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi

my problem i seemed to have with game loading a match with others seems to be fixed now

as for the last 2 days or so have been able to get into a match no problems

my fix was pretty simple really, i changed FPS from unlimited to 30fps ,60 may work but not tried it

& lowered a couple of other settings & has worked since .

danny.

Message 8 of 14 (2,948 Views)

★★ Pro

@GodOfWalkers wrote:

I am having the same problem as the original poster on PC. I get dropped from a private match before I even get to tee off from the first hole. I redownloaded the game. I've updated all my drivers. I have no issues at all on 2k but have yet to be able to play a private match on EA. 

that happens to me alot I usually get in on a match on the next log in.

Message 9 of 14 (2,917 Views)

★★ Pro

@brokeundertaker wrote:

Hi

my problem i seemed to have with game loading a match with others seems to be fixed now

as for the last 2 days or so have been able to get into a match no problems

my fix was pretty simple really, i changed FPS from unlimited to 30fps ,60 may work but not tried it

& lowered a couple of other settings & has worked since .

danny.

I use 60 when i put it on unlimited i got lots of chops.

Message 10 of 14 (2,916 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help