[Old Report] Dead Space Remake Freezing computer / DirectX Error / Driver Crash

by squiddlestiks

Original Post

Re: Dead Space Remake Freezing computer / DirectX Error / Driver Crash

Community Manager
@inspectormarc Updates for the game are not going to happen as often as we would like them to. In order for the teams to look into specific errors like this after troubleshooting has been exhausted, it's not as simple as just patching it. We need information from players in order to test and update the game or the EA App as needed.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 51 of 85 (2,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What are you talking about? You have all the information you need. If you need logs from your game, please let us know where can we find them and send them to you. But I doubt you don't have online telemetry built in to the game itself.

It's the same DirectX error / Driver crash that users are talking about in this thread and Reddit, Steam, and who knows where.

It's been like this for months. I can't finish this game. You sold me an incomplete product that I've payed 59.99 EUR for, and I can't refund it because it started crashing since Chapter 6, so I'm out of the refund window. There hasn't been an update to this game since February. 

Message 52 of 85 (2,010 Views)

★★★ Novice

I played through the 90 minute trial on Steam with 0 issues, essentially perfect performance. I then decided to purchase the game (the deluxe edition) and from that point onwards the game is unplayable.

Message 53 of 85 (1,985 Views)

Community Manager
@sYnc_e3 We actually do not have all the information we need. We need to get Error reports, Error report IDs, and DXdiag info. All of this has to be done by the player on their own system. That is not information we can gather on our end because it comes from the player's computer, not logs from the EA App.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 54 of 85 (1,956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok, where can we find location of all the log files you need?

Can we send you exports of the Windows logs from the Event Viewer?

Please clarify further.

Many thanks.

However, I believe you can already find relevant information from this thread on Steam - https://steamcommunity.com/app/1693980/discussions/0/3770110614228478057/

And this one https://steamcommunity.com/app/1693980/discussions/0/3807278817582674145/

It's the same error message:

"DirectX crash

So everytime I start playing the game I have like 2 minutes to play, but then my game just suddenly crashes and a DirectX Crash report comes out:

DirectX function "RenderCore2DebugHandlers.setProcessBreadcrumbsCompleteNotify" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The GPU will not respond to more commands"). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti", Driver: 53623. Hang detected by RenderCore2 breadcrumb handler and broadcast to Rc1 handler. This error is usually caused by the graphics driber crashing; try installing the latest drivers, GPUBreadcrumbs:

My GPU driver is the newest for now, and I dont have any windows updates. If anyone can help me fix this please respond.

"

Message 55 of 85 (1,950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@sYnc_e3
a moment ago
I, too, have encountered that issue with Nvidia Driver 536.40.

It would be nice if EA could fix it, it's the same device hung issue as most people around here. Happens either right when the game is loading or after 10 minutes or so of gameplay.

I don't know how to post my crash logs though but here's my dxdiag.

Message 56 of 85 (1,911 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Shepard I did not tag you in my previous comment, so I'm doing it now in case you might have missed my reply:

Where can we find location of all the log files you need?
Should we send you exports of the Windows (system) logs from the Event Viewer?
Please note that for some users driver roll back to previous version of NVIDIA driver worked but for some it didn't (myself included). Please also note that this is not a sustainable solution, and we need a permanent one.

However, I believe you can already find the relevant information from this thread on Steam - https://steamcommunity.com/app/1693980/discussions/0/3770110614228478057/

And this one:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1693980/discussions/0/3807278817582674145/

It's the same error message we all get. This is a reply from another user:

"DirectX crash

So everytime I start playing the game I have like 2 minutes to play, but then my game just suddenly crashes and a DirectX Crash report comes out:

DirectX function "RenderCore2DebugHandlers.setProcessBreadcrumbsCompleteNotify" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The GPU will not respond to more commands"). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti", Driver: 53623. Hang detected by RenderCore2 breadcrumb handler and broadcast to Rc1 handler. This error is usually caused by the graphics driber crashing; try installing the latest drivers, GPUBreadcrumbs:

My GPU driver is the newest for now, and I dont have any windows updates. If anyone can help me fix this please respond."

The only thing that changes is the name of the GPU in the error message. (4090 in my case, but it happens on plethora of GPUs from what I can tell)

Please clarify your request further.

Many thanks.
Message 57 of 85 (1,898 Views)

Community Manager

This is what we need.

• EA App/Steam/Epic:
  • EA ID/Steam user ID:
  • Attach the EA App Error Report ID Here
  • Windows OS:
  • Windows OS version:
  • GPU model and driver version:
  • Region:
  • Are you using an internal or external drive?
  • Are you using an HDD or SSD?
  • Date this issue started (is it still happening?)
  • Any other errors?
  • If possible, share a Screenshot or Clip:
  • Attach a DxDiag

As an added measure, a basic list of troubleshooting steps also helps that way we can say players did ABC and they did not work.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 58 of 85 (1,893 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can see the appeal in having your users perform complex information gathering for you so you can try and reconstruct the scenarios that lead to this issue remotely, but has anybody at EA tried actually installing and running this game themselves? You have hundreds or thousands of people playing on a variety of PC hardware telling you that the game will reliably crash within minutes of starting. I have a hunch that if anybody tried installing and running it, they'd like face this problem directly, and then support would have a hands-on example of what is going wrong.

All of these repeated requests for system information from users seems like deflection of responsibility, and utterly lazy on EA's part.

Message 59 of 85 (1,842 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That's true, but what can we do about it when we want to get it fixed? :'(

Message 60 of 85 (1,735 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help