[Old Report] Dead Space Remake Freezing computer / DirectX Error / Driver Crash

by squiddlestiks

Original Post

Re: Dead Space Remake Freezing computer / DirectX Error / Driver Crash

★★★★ Novice

New Nvidia driver 536.67, the game still crashes with the dreaded DirectX error.

How long does ik take to fix such a critical issue?

Profile inspector fix is at the moment the only way to play the game.

I don't care who has to fix it, just fix it already.

Message 61 of 85 (3,167 Views)

Community Manager

@cchahn I have installed it multiple times through different launchers to test it. This isn't about laziness or deflection. When an issue is reported, and troubleshooting does not work, they need information they cannot gather on their own. Developers cannot access the player's Windows error report, their system information, or their EA Error report logs if there is no ID provided. All of the information past installing and testing the game on their end cannot be gathered unless players provide it to them for them to review.

This is why the list I provided is asked for on each one of these items that cannot be fixed with the steps provided to the players. 

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 62 of 85 (3,161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It is the same error for me, just change 3060ti to 4090. It's been like this with every Nvidia driver since May 30th. I actually had a ticket with them and after a lot of jumping though "support"-hoops they finally said that it was a known issue and would be fixed with an upcoming driver - at least so they said.

In reality we are now two or three (lost track) more driver releases in and not only has the issue not been fixed - they don't even list it under known issues anywhere that I could find.

I am now done installing new drivers, only to uninstall them 5mins later after verifying Dead Space still crashes and having to set up my game specific profiles and everything again each time. I'd be happy to provide my DxDiag file from when I was troubleshooting the issue with Nvidia support if it helps. Just provide somewhere to send it to, please. Standard smile

Hope this can be fixed soon.

Everyone have a nice day,

M

P.S.: While the team's at it - it would be super great if they also fixed the muddy-textures-with-DLSS/FSR-issue that's been present since launch. Standard smile

EDIT: Here the requested info (only discovered that post after I answered, sorry):

Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/meloney0/

Win 11 Pro Build 22621

Nvidia RTX 4090 Driver 531.79

Region Europe

Internal Drive

M.2 SSD

happens since May 30th and on ALL subsequent Nvidia driver releases (ongoing)

I am currently running drivers that DO NOT crash the game but I'll attach a DXDIAG anyways.

I have also done extensive troubleshooting with Nvidia support. Nothing helped.

@sYnc_e3 wrote:

Ok, where can we find location of all the log files you need?

Can we send you exports of the Windows logs from the Event Viewer?

Please clarify further.

Many thanks.

However, I believe you can already find relevant information from this thread on Steam - https://steamcommunity.com/app/1693980/discussions/0/3770110614228478057/

And this one https://steamcommunity.com/app/1693980/discussions/0/3807278817582674145/

It's the same error message:

"DirectX crash

So everytime I start playing the game I have like 2 minutes to play, but then my game just suddenly crashes and a DirectX Crash report comes out:

DirectX function "RenderCore2DebugHandlers.setProcessBreadcrumbsCompleteNotify" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The GPU will not respond to more commands"). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti", Driver: 53623. Hang detected by RenderCore2 breadcrumb handler and broadcast to Rc1 handler. This error is usually caused by the graphics driber crashing; try installing the latest drivers, GPUBreadcrumbs:

My GPU driver is the newest for now, and I dont have any windows updates. If anyone can help me fix this please respond.

"

Message 63 of 85 (3,159 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@meloney0 Many thanks for this. I too have given up on this (installing / reinstalling drivers/ troubleshooting, etc) until it is fixed.

Message 64 of 85 (3,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/sYnc_e3/

Win 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.3208

Nvidia RTX 4090 Driver 536.40

Region Europe

Internal Drive - Samsung 980 Gen.4 NVMe M.2 SSD

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Ryzen 7 7700X

It started happening maybe 2 months ago. Before that I could at least play the game on my 3060Ti (I bought the game few days after launch... despite horrendous traversal / shader compilation stutters (Ryzen 5600G), which were even pointed out by DF as not fixed to this day, the game ran relatively fine.)

I'm attaching DxDiag logs

Today new drivers 536.67 are available. I'm doing clean install and will update you if it changed something.

Edit: Nope, game still crashes on the latest drivers.

Message 65 of 85 (3,133 Views)

Community Manager

@sYnc_e3 Can you attach the EA App Error Report ID Here?

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 66 of 85 (3,117 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have no idea how your website works.

I've generated a report ID (after my game crashed during start-up this time - after clean installation of the latest NVIDIA drivers) - see screenshot

I don't know where or how to send it. That link you've sent me leads me to generate a ticket which I can't do because that website doesn't allow me to do so. This is where I'm stuck:

I can't open a ticket on your end. Where should I do it?

I have logs under C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop\Logs but I can't attach them here (Unsupported extension type)

Where should I send them.

My report ID: 58cb34c6-b41f-4498-b1b2-4d24f08363e3 (generated by EA Error Reporter)

Where should I send it?

It takes so much time and I haven't even started officially addressing the issue because I can't generate a ticket on your end.

Sorry for being dramatic, but it's really frustrating. 'cause I really like this game.

Message 67 of 85 (3,107 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know what going on with dead space remaster, but it keeps crashing and hitching and all my hardware up to date and software to. so, EA need to drop a hotfix for their shader. or whatever the issue is.

Message 68 of 85 (3,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I really can't believe that EA Games has abandoned this game so much, since May it has had problems with the driver, I haven't been able to finish it because I'm waiting for a solution as well as a better optimization and neither, they really don't optimize the game or fix the driver problem, I have a 4090 and I can't believe it has Stuttering just like the new starwars survivor, a shame really

Message 69 of 85 (2,805 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SUBGOTCHYOU Here's a fix: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1693980/discussions/0/3800526046831682887/

Still a workaround. EA and NVIDIA should fix this together since majority of people should not be bothered fiddling with NVIDIA Profile Inspector.

But at least we can finish playing the game now.
Message 70 of 85 (2,782 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help