[Old Report] Dead Space Remake Freezing computer / DirectX Error / Driver Crash

by squiddlestiks

Original Post

Re: Dead Space Remake Freezing computer / DirectX Error / Driver Crash

Community Manager

@Kr1m1nal73 Thank you.

Nvidia has updated some drivers, can you please download a new "fresh" install from here

I would also recommend removing all C++ and .NET installs and 

Nvidia

I would like to see if this helps.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 31 of 85 (2,335 Views)

★★ Novice

Updated driver with fresh install, same issue.

Repair VC++ and Direct-X, same issue.

Disabled Nvidia overlay, nothing change.

Changed the D3D12Core.dll with another one in \Dead Space (2023)\x64, more stuttering but 10 minutes of play more, I can't tell if it's a coincidence.

I'm tired of testing, I'm already short on time, and I don't want to spend it trying to get something to work that should work fine without any issues.

I subscribed to EA Play Pro only for Dead Space six days ago and I played 1.35h with about 20 bsod.

Is it possible to get a refund of the subscription?

Thank you.

Message 32 of 85 (2,305 Views)

Community Manager

@Kr1m1nal73 I understand. It can be frustrating for sure. Refunds are based on different factors for subscriptions than regular purchases. Check here as it will give you all the information you need. If it will not let you do so through the link, you would need to reach out to live support on this so they can take a look at the account with you.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 33 of 85 (2,253 Views)

★★ Novice

It was a cpu temperature problem (100 degrees Celsius during play), I changed the fan with a more powerful one, now the game doesn't BSOD anymore.

I don't understand why this issue only with this game, but I take note of it.

Message 34 of 85 (1,947 Views)

★ Guide

@Kr1m1nal73 I am sorry to hear you had to replace the fan like that. It happened to me with another game when I built my rig. If it starts happening again, I would recommend changing the processor affinity from here which can help that. I am glad that you were able to get that resolved though. I will certainly take note of that and pass it along to the team.

Message 35 of 85 (1,937 Views)

★★★ Novice

what is even worse is your choice of this combination of gpu and monitor ... i own 3070 with 2k monitor and sometimes thinking that i should have went for 3080 for 2k, meanwhile you bought 3060ti for a * 4k.. bro are you kidding me.. how is the performance going on? like to play on 15fps?

Message 36 of 85 (1,729 Views)

★★★ Novice

bro seriously is it just me or a mod of ea forum just told us that ccleaner may hwlp with a game... am i dreaming or are these mods aint official ones?

and nothing here is okay , half a year after the release of this game it still does crash very often, still haves the same issues. i was so dissapointed until i saw this cclean stuff , now im just hysterically laughing...

Message 37 of 85 (1,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok look, you guys keep posting the same troubleshooting steps over and over. The community has said in a clear collective voice, THIS IS NOT WORKING.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. You've eliminated the individual trouble ticket system in favor of a forum. Problems are compounding and not being solved.

Support needs to fix the issues. I got my refund but it sounds like many are unable to get any refund or solution to a product failing to run.

Do better. This is ridiculous

Message 38 of 85 (1,576 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well... what can I say? The same problem happened now to me too.

The weird thing is: I could play the game several times, with no Problem. I have over 50 hours in this game (yes I am a big fan of the remake) and from one day to another, it is impossible to play it anymore. Sometimes it runs 2 hours, before the game crashs. The next try takes only 5 minutes for crashing... it all started in the middle of June and I dont know why.

After the install of the newest GPU driver for EA's F1 23, the problems started...

Did I reinstalled the driver? -> Yes

Did I uninstalled and then installed the game? -> Yes

Did I repaired the game with the EA Play App? -> Yes

Nothing helps...

Where ist my game installed? -> Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB

Hardware -> RTX 3070, Ryzen 9 3900x, 32GB RAM

OS -> Windows 10 Pro with the newest updates

Message 39 of 85 (1,562 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just bought the game and the same problem,

4090, newest drivers 5900x.

Been playing diablo 4, hogwarts legacy and the witcher 3 on max no prob.

Also how come the thread is labeled as solved ? Far from it, users been reporting this since january and noone has a fix.

Message 40 of 85 (1,548 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help