[FIX RELEASED] BF2042 PC - Blue Screen of Death Due to EA anticheat

by RINURK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIX RELEASED] BF2042 PC - Blue Screen of Death Due to EA anticheat

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I was able to play the game without any problems until today. I uninstalled ea anticheat reinstalled it, repaired it and updated it, but it did not solve the problem.

CM edit: edited title for clarity.

Message 1 of 41 (3,046 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIX RELEASED] BF2042 PC - Blue Screen of Death Due to EA anticheat

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

FIX RELEASED - Post Marked as Solution for Visibility

Hello everyone,

We appreciate your ongoing reports regarding any EA anticheat issues encountered in Battlefield 2042 following the EA anticheat update.

The EA anticheat teams have informed us that they implemented several fixes last night aimed at resolving many, if not all, of the issues affecting BF2042 on PC and EA anticheat.

We kindly request you to relaunch the game and check whether you're still encountering the same issues as before.

Should you encounter any persisting issues with the game and EA anticheat, please attempt to repair the game through the EA app (see hyperlink) or verify the files via your respective game launcher.

If problems persist, please respond to this thread with the following information:

What is the exact error message or code that you're getting / How does it behave:

What Windows version are you using (click here on how to see this):

Do you play Battlefield 2042 via the EA app, Steam, or Epic: 

When does the error occur (launching the game, during gameplay, closing the game, etc.):

Thank you.

EA_LeeuwAHQ

For the English Answers HQ forums:
  • Having trouble with your EA account? Post on the EA Services – General Questions board, NOT the EA app boards.
  • Want to chat about the EA app, share feedback, report bugs, or get help with technical issues? Head over here.

View in thread

Message 25 of 41 (2,760 Views)

All Replies

Re: eaanticheat.sys causes BSOD on launch

★★★ Novice
Same
Message 2 of 41 (2,927 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Same problem since today,when i try to start the game,during the loading,i have blue sceen error,and it crashes my PC.

I tryed to download it again,but same :/ help any idea how to solve it?

Message 3 of 41 (2,918 Views)

★★ Novice

Same on FC24 since today. Please EA save us :'( 

Message 4 of 41 (2,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The same bsod issue while trying to launch Battlefield 2042. (DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER - Then automatically windows restarts).
I thought It was sourced from my computer system's conf. Been an hour since I started trying to find out whats wrong with the comp. Reinstalled couple of the drivers no change.
Could anyone confirm whether its externally sourced or not , so I can stop tamperin the OS and the hardware?

Message 5 of 41 (2,874 Views)

★★★ Novice

There's nothing wrong with your hardware or ours. Wait for this garbage company to address it.

People on Steam have also reported the BSOD: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1517290/discussions/0/4363501047895976279/

Message 6 of 41 (2,863 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@0x141 Thank you for confirming , letting me know.

This is unacceptable , the games and the infrastructure should never ever be causing systems to give BSOD's. This is irresponsible(extremely). Cause of this negligence(whoever's responsible) I unknowingly , unnecessarily spend trying to fix my computer and the OS for over an hour.

Gotta remind everyone , it's caused by "a game" and it's infrastructure. Comment's are yours.

Message 7 of 41 (2,855 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem ... Impossible to find a way. 

Message 8 of 41 (2,791 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue. If EA is having doubts heres my log pointing out eaanticheat as the culprit:

Bug check code0x00000050
Bug check parameters
0xffffb408c9efd000,

0x0000000000000000,

0xfffff806b1ff1a6e,

0x0000000000000002

Driver pathC:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\eaanticheat.sys
Report id7556a83d-453c-40e6-8eb0-183c5e8eba9a

Message 9 of 41 (2,740 Views)

Ea anticheat causes BSOD

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

BF 2042 keeps going to "Blue screen of death" after the launcher splash window. Issue started at April 23. Here is a log showing that it is EA anticheat. Please get this issue fixed EA.

Bug check code0x00000050
Bug check parameters
0xffffb408c9efd000,

0x0000000000000000,

0xfffff806b1ff1a6e,

0x0000000000000002

Driver pathC:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\eaanticheat.sys
Report id7556a83d-453c-40e6-8eb0-183c5e8eba9a

Message 10 of 41 (2,629 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help