by RINURK

Original Post

Re: eaanticheat.sys causes BSOD on launch

★ Apprentice
@fbang yes you can turn it off.
Message 21 of 41 (1,273 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Turning it off makes the game crash again for me.

Message 22 of 41 (1,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Leeuw  Here are my responses:

What is the exact error message or code that you're getting / How does it behave: 

When i start a match the PC crashes, everything goes black and the system restarts/

What Windows version are you using (click here on how to see this):

Windows 11

Do you play Battlefield 2042 via the EA app, Steam, or Epic: 

Steam, 360 hours completed. When steam tries to verify the integirty of the files it says 3 files failed to validate.

Timestamp when the issue first occurred (date/time):

Last week 20th April, 11pm AEDT, have not been able to play match ever since.

When does the error occur (launching the game, during gameplay, closing the game, etc.):

At the start of the match. 

I've tried it with memory integrity turned on and off and the optimization options. I tried clearing DX cache, repairing the EACheats, reduced graphic quality, reinstalling the game and reinstalling windows. NOTHING HAS WORKED.

system specs are 2080ti, amd ryzen 7, 32 gb ddr4. 

Message 23 of 41 (1,190 Views)

★★ Novice

What is the exact error message or code that you're getting / How does it behave: 

When i quit the game the PC crashes, BSOD (Kernel_apc_pending_during_exit) and after that and the system restarts

Windows 10, 22H2 (19045.4291)

Steam.

Timestamp when the issue first occurred (date/time):

Been like this for at least a month.

When does the error occur (launching the game, during gameplay, closing the game, etc.):

Closing the game.

Message 24 of 41 (1,075 Views)

Re: [FIX RELEASED] BF2042 PC - Blue Screen of Death Due to EA anticheat

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

FIX RELEASED - Post Marked as Solution for Visibility

Hello everyone,

We appreciate your ongoing reports regarding any EA anticheat issues encountered in Battlefield 2042 following the EA anticheat update.

The EA anticheat teams have informed us that they implemented several fixes last night aimed at resolving many, if not all, of the issues affecting BF2042 on PC and EA anticheat.

We kindly request you to relaunch the game and check whether you're still encountering the same issues as before.

Should you encounter any persisting issues with the game and EA anticheat, please attempt to repair the game through the EA app (see hyperlink) or verify the files via your respective game launcher.

If problems persist, please respond to this thread with the following information:

Thank you.

EA_LeeuwAHQ

For the English Answers HQ forums:
  • Having trouble with your EA account? Post on the EA Services – General Questions board, NOT the EA app boards.
  • Want to chat about the EA app, share feedback, report bugs, or get help with technical issues? Head over here.
Message 25 of 41 (2,755 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

nope the Asus fan control BSOD for the Anti-cheat is still there for anyone who has Asus motherboard there is a temp fix in the topic i posted

Message 26 of 41 (874 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Leeuw Error still persists even after verifying game files.
Message 27 of 41 (827 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Error still excists after reparing the game. I´m on windows 11- There is a black screen after a few minutes and sometimes after 20/25 minutes. Playing via ea app

Message 28 of 41 (777 Views)

★★ Novice

EAAntiCheat.GameService.exe is consuming 24GB of memory in Task Manager

What Windows version are you using (click here on how to see this):
Win 11 23H2 922631.3527

EA App

When does the error occur (launching the game, during gameplay, closing the game, etc.):
Right after launching the game EAAntiCheat.GameService.exe quickly leaks memory, racing up to 24GB by the time I get in a game. I've tried completely removing the game, anticheat, EA app, and reinstalling. Same problem persists. I tried turning off core isolation and clearing DX cache but no difference. Drivers are all up to date and this computer/windows are only 2 months old.  Played every day until today with no issues, but now I can notice some micro stutter in the game and I think this could be the issue.

Message 29 of 41 (737 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I notice the weird stuttering starting yesterday. Now EA Anti-Cheat is consuming 25 plus gigs of memory. This machine has 500 plus hours of BF2042 with no changes and now this. Definitely a change on EA/DICE's end. 

Message 30 of 41 (690 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help