Re: Denuvo anti tamper locks me out of the game for 24hours

by R3L471V

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Denuvo anti tamper locks me out of the game for 24hours

★★★ Newbie

Been playing the game on Steam for a few hours, but Denuvo anti tamper/malware seems to detect random changes in configuration and triggered a 24 hour lock preventing me from playing the game. Can't this be reset in any way, or will I have to wait for an entire 24h? Considering refunding for false advertising given that the publisher deliberately hid that information from the Steam store page.

The use of Denuvo is definitely a mistake as the game is probably already hacked and available elsewhere, so the only bothered users are the paying customers.

Disappointed to see the only stone age company is EA, once again.

Message 1 of 4 (1,064 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
Hi @R3L471V, To confirm if a secuirty system with one of our games detects an issue our support is unable to remotely remove these.

If it does result in an account ban, you will need to reach out to our TOS.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (644 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
@givemethegepgun same issue in another game - impressive they have not answered you for over a year..
did you find a solution or did you just have to wait?
Message 2 of 4 (688 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @R3L471V, To confirm if a secuirty system with one of our games detects an issue our support is unable to remotely remove these.

If it does result in an account ban, you will need to reach out to our TOS.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 4 (645 Views)

★ Novice

Seems like a easy problem to fix as many other DRM's allow proton support.

Should be a conversation between EA and Denuvo already to be fair.

Message 4 of 4 (586 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help