Re: Mass Effect: Legendary Edition retail/physical for PC

by Dawezy

Original Post

[ Edited ]

1. Buy the digital edition.

2. Print a liner, pop it in a box.

Job done.

Is that any less 'real' than buying an official empty box with a download code?

20ffe0c9eda9b8878bd800c10372a7c1.gif

I realise I'm teasing a little, but personally I've found that collecting things when there is actually no functional need can become problematic and I find the current trend in selling empty boxes very curious. I don't really understand empty steel books either, is it nostalgia for boxed games? I had a VHS collection 'back in the day' and now it's all better quality digitally or on streaming. Those tapes are long in a dumpster. Wink

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 21 of 22 (338 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its a nostalgia thing for me I suppose, there's been a handful of things over the decades that I do treasure with franchises I did and kinda do still love.

Been alot less of a trend now though, last time I done anything along these lines was back in 2018 with a PS4 collectors edition of SAO: Fatal Bullet, it eventually came out for PC but I still have the disc around for that - 9 times out of 10 I'll boot it up on PC instead of the PS4, but I'll keep the disc stashed away from the elements for the next eventual bootup.

Is that strange? Thinking

Hm.

Good art for that idea though mate lol

Message 22 of 22 (247 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help