Re: Valkyrie jetpack nerf?

by Zulkiers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

S21 - Valkyrie Tactical Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I had noticed while playing today that Valkyrie's tactical wasn't recharging properly.

What's suppose to happen:

- If you use some or all the fuel in Valkyrie's jetpack, it will start to slowly recharge after a few seconds

What's happening now instead:

- If you jump, the fuel will stop recharging, resetting the clock until it can be recharged again. I've also had noticed that getting on ziplines or doing anything that makes Valkyrie leave the floor can also stop the tactical recharge, but its less likely to happen than it does with jumping. Sometimes moving can stop the recharge as well.

Here's what it looks like:

ValkJetRecharge.gif

Apparently this has been going on since the launch of S21, as it was talked about on Reddit 3 days ago: 
https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/1cogyaf/anybody_else_notice_a_shadow_nerf_to_valks_pas...

Message 2 of 8 (1,049 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: S21 - Valkyrie Tactical Bug

Community Manager

Hey @Midnight9746 Thanks for reporting this issue to us. The team is looking into this, and you can track our Trello boards for updates. 

EA_PulsarAHQ

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (1,004 Views)

All Replies

Valkyrie jetpack nerf?

★★★ Newbie

Am I missing something in the patch notes, but I have been looking back and haven't seen anything about Valkyrie being nerfed with jetpack fuel charging, but when I sprint it doesn't recharge unless I stop and run normal. Has this always been a thing and I have just not noticed? I can't find anything about this.

Message 1 of 8 (1,064 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

im not a valk player but wouldn't you agree that since those evac towers were introduced she basically became irrelevant? 

Message 3 of 8 (1,019 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Midnight9746 Thanks for reporting this issue to us. The team is looking into this, and you can track our Trello boards for updates. 

EA_PulsarAHQ

Message 4 of 8 (1,005 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Snowballfred

"since those evac towers were introduced she basically became irrelevant?"

Not saying I'm happy about the mobile evac towers, and yes, they undercut her value. But in the scheme of things she's still one of the most over-powered legends on the board, especially taking individual playstyle into account.
Message 5 of 8 (940 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Pulsar Hey, I am sorry I have seen this in Trello however is there any chance of knowing the ETA when the bug fix might arrive like could be some date if possible?
Message 6 of 8 (705 Views)

Community Manager

I wish I could provide more details, but at this stage, we do not know when we will receive an update on this. 

EA_PulsarAHQ

Message 7 of 8 (505 Views)

★ Guide
@Snowballfred
"im not a valk player but wouldn't you agree that since those evac towers were introduced she basically became irrelevant?"

Nope. If you are trying to escape the firewall, she is still a much swifter option than an evac tower.
Message 8 of 8 (191 Views)