Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 5
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? All
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
Summarize your bug Mouse and keyboard don't work on PS5
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn on the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't play with keyboard and mouse.
What should be happening instead? You can play with keyboard and mouse.

Keyboard and mouse don't work in Battlefield 2042 on PS5. I have no problems with them on other titles.

Message 1 of 12 (7,188 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mouse and keyboard don't work on PS5

Community Manager
Hey @no4bPOL,

This is not a bug. K&M is not supported for the console.

Thanks.
EA_LeeuwAHQ

For the English Answers HQ forums:
  • Having trouble with your EA account? Post on the EA Services – General Questions board, NOT the EA app boards.
  • Want to chat about the EA app, share feedback, report bugs, or get help with technical issues? Head over here.

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (7,152 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hey @no4bPOL,

This is not a bug. K&M is not supported for the console.

Thanks.
EA_LeeuwAHQ

For the English Answers HQ forums:
  • Having trouble with your EA account? Post on the EA Services – General Questions board, NOT the EA app boards.
  • Want to chat about the EA app, share feedback, report bugs, or get help with technical issues? Head over here.
Message 2 of 12 (7,153 Views)

★ Novice

in my honest opinion, consoles should have the option to play on mouse and keyboard.like PC has the option to play on controller. Standard smile

Message 3 of 12 (7,099 Views)

★★★ Guide
@G2_Filipp Agreed. But so far, that is on Sony in general.

However, game developers can make any generic HID plugged on USB to work in a game.It works on COD, for instance.

So, not a bug, but a "missing feature".
Message 4 of 12 (7,035 Views)

回复:鼠标和键盘在PS5上不起作用

★★★ Novice

So why don't you play on the pc?

Message 5 of 12 (7,007 Views)

★★★ Novice

Any reason KB and mouse is not supported on consoles? Fortnite and COD MW/Warzone 2 have perfect support. Really hurt their sales didn't it? Standard smile

Out of 3, BF is the one I want to play the most atm. But struggle with aiming and especially vehicle control on the controller.

I haven't played BF since 1942 like 20 years ago. I'm 37 now and having a blast playing BF 2042. I guess launch wasn't that great thus the bad reviews, but I'm in awe from the scale, the graphical fidelity and especially the sound design, which is breathtaking! (with a home cinema setup). It's like I'm there. I could easily see myself spending lots of time in this game, after having spent dozens of hours and $200+ on Fortnite (PS5) last year.

Please add KB and mouse support. Activision and Ubisoft did it, I'm not sure why EA doesn't want to.

Message 6 of 12 (6,904 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Leeuw And when are we having MKB support on consoles? It is a topic being discussed since before the launch of the game and yet no resolution...
Message 7 of 12 (5,108 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Common, DICE, give us this possibility, please)

Message 8 of 12 (4,776 Views)

Re: 回复:鼠标和键盘在PS5上不起作用

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

For those wondering why many of us request Keyboard and Mouse support.

Mainly because you have to have a good system. Compare a $2k PC to the $500 PS5. Most other new games enable K&M that have cross play anyways. Literally not hard as the underlying code supports it and the game code already supports it (Obviously on PC you can use both, K&M and Controller). I know I am over simplifying but at the end of the day I would look att he sales data of the games that do support it. Many of us are trying to go to console because of the GPU prices for PC. A decent GPU is $500 alone and that will get you buy MAYBE a year if you want high graphic settings. Console is always better optimized too, they know the hardware were on PC you could have literally 10,000 plus different setup and DX12 helps, but you also have to rely on and support different drivers along with Nvidia and AMD updating drivers for better performance. I could go on and on with every detail, just use some common sense and google. 

Ever play any game on low setting outside of tournament/pro gaming? Most of use play for fun and want to see the game in its glory.  Add in that the XBox is even easier to enable. From my limited experience working on games that it's a config setting if your game already has keyboard support (bindings). IE: If your game is on PC it really is a toggle on a config file set to true. 

Message 9 of 12 (3,217 Views)

Re: 回复:鼠标和键盘在PS5上不起作用

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Bromance_GKI'm not against console players having ability to play mnk but crossplay with PC should be BY DEFAULT off and if you turn this on you should be able to play mnk or controller but without aim assist.
Some people say that you can balance those devices... its not true at all. Look at COD even on PC people play on controllers because aim assist is basically an aimbot. I dont want such aim assist in BF.

Message 10 of 12 (3,170 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help