Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Steam & NVidia Geforce Experience
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Conquest
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? All
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 6.23.2024
Summarize your bug I was playing 2042 fine for months at release, almost 100 hours in. I put it down for a few months and came back around Feb of this year. It seems an update has made the game unplayable for myself and many others when researching this further. I am running an OC'd i9700k and RTX 2080; not the greatest but I can run every other game I've tried fine on Low-High settings based on how optimized it is. I can run 2042 at around 100 FPS on low settings. However, the keyboard input lag is unplayable. When I try to move there is a few millisecond to sometimes over a second delay in movement.  It appears the game is hogging 100% of my CPU. No matter how many applications I close it persists. I have tried 4 different keyboards from all different manufacturers, and the issues persist. So it is not my keyboard. Mouse input is fine and highly responsive. I've read up on this and it seems every other person has the exact same CPU; the i9700k. I've tried modifying the settings files to lower the CPU usage, it doesn't work. I've tried reinstalling the game, deleting the cache files, verifying integrity, etc. You name it it's been done. This is an issue with the game and not my PC.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Probably by playing on a PC with my specs
What happens when the bug occurs? Character movement & all other keyboard inputs become delayed, over a second at times but usually less however still incredibly noticeable & unplayable
What should be happening instead? The game should be responsive

I was playing 2042 fine for months at release, almost 100 hours in.

I put it down for a few months and came back around Feb of this year. It seems an update has made the game unplayable for myself and many others when researching this further.

I am running an OC'd i9700k and RTX 2080; not the greatest but I can run every other game I've tried fine on Low-High settings based on how optimized it is.

I can run 2042 at around 100 FPS on low settings. However, the keyboard input lag is unplayable. When I try to move there is a few millisecond to sometimes over a second delay in movement.  It appears the game is hogging 100% of my CPU. No matter how many applications I close it persists. I have tried 4 different keyboards from all different manufacturers, and the issues persist. So it is not my keyboard. Mouse input is fine and highly responsive.

I've read up on this and it seems every other person has the exact same CPU; the i9700k. I've tried modifying the settings files to lower the CPU usage, it doesn't work. I've tried reinstalling the game, deleting the cache files, verifying integrity, etc. You name it it's been done. This is an issue with the game and not my PC as I have not had any issue like this with the 100+ other games I have played

Message 1 of 2 (225 Views)

Re: Unplayable Keyboard Input Lag + 100% CPU Usage

★★ Novice

I deleted IGO64.dll in the game folder and that seemed to let me get a session in with no input lag. Not sure if it'll come back though. It was still bad on the newer Spearhead map in 128p conquest

Message 2 of 2 (189 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help