Game Crashing In Lobby

by Koneko_vqs

Original Post

Game Crashing In Lobby

★★★ Novice

I keep crashing.. only in the lobby however? I have like a short window to get on with my friends in just ready up myself and even then I still crash before I get in the game. I have to force shut down the game and reload - it gets frustrating after your 52nd crash. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've tested file integrity and reinstalled apex. I reformated awhile ago. I've only started crashing on lobby after this new patch?  

Message 1 of 26 (962 Views)

Re: Game Crashing In Lobby

Community Manager
Hi @Koneko_vqs, which platform are you on?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 26 (948 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey! I'm on PC :D

Message 3 of 26 (940 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Check my last BugReport topic "Lobby disconnect " and enjoy your game

Message 4 of 26 (936 Views)

★★★ Novice

it's not disconnecting, it's freezing.

Message 5 of 26 (908 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Koneko_vqs 

Thanks for the additional information!

Can we try the following if you have not already?

1. Repair your game via the EA App - Repair (Library > Tile Dots > Repair)
  2. Clear EA App's Cache (Top Left Menu > Help > App Recovery
  3. Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  4. Check for other applications that may be limiting EA App or Game performance
  5. Run the System File Checker tool, then Check for Windows and GPU updates  

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 6 of 26 (873 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey, thanks. 

I've done all of that and it still crashes/freezes in the lobby.

Message 7 of 26 (835 Views)

★★ Novice

steel freezes in lobby Frown

Message 8 of 26 (806 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Koneko_vqs @severfen 

Would it be possible to get a DxDiag file?

Illium.png

Message 9 of 26 (669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hello, i do not know how to get you that file however my friend and i too have been having this exact issue, from what we can tell from those within our friend group. it seems to be an issue specifically for low end nvidia cards, i have a 1060 and my friend has a 1650, the crash{freeze to be more accurate} is lobby specific, it can happen whether you are just sitting in the lobby or scrolling through the different tabs {the more activity you do, the quicker it happens, i have been hovering over the collection event skins to check if it still happens after every patch since the issue emerged and it always happens}.in task manager it says that the game is still responding and ending the process is not as smooth as it is with a normal crash, almost as if its trying to stay opened. thats all i know so far. i will look into getting a DxDiag file if it will make locating the issue easier, until then hope this info helps

Message 10 of 26 (651 Views)