Hearts of Iron IV

Hearts of Iron IV

Expert AI 5.0
Kondi  [developer] Jun 12, 2017 @ 3:18am
Suggestions & Feedback
Known issues:
-Various issues with AI's naval invasions.
-AI not producing a lot of tanks in some cases.

Post your suggestions and feedback here. I will read and consider everything but things that aren't practical or possible to implement or go against the idea of this mod are of course unlikely to be added. BEFORE you do post, read below:
  • Read the mod front page to understand what this mod is about. Not everything is moddable, not everything is something that belongs in this mod. Read the in-game tooltips and other information so you understand how the mod functions.

• BE SPECIFIC. If you'd like the AI to do X, explain why it is a good idea to do so and how exactly it should go about accomplishing it. If the AI should research something differently, it has to give up researching something else and you need to specify what and so on.
Last edited by Kondi; Oct 27, 2023 @ 9:40am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 401 comments
CubeDev Jun 18, 2017 @ 12:40pm 
Germany shouldn't send vulunteers to Ethiopia at the start of the game.
CubeDev Jun 18, 2017 @ 1:06pm 
Every country in the world is improving relations with Republican Spain, this is a huge waste of political power for each country.
Kondi  [developer] Jun 19, 2017 @ 10:21am 
Originally posted by CubeDev:
Every country in the world is improving relations with Republican Spain, this is a huge waste of political power for each country.
Couldn't see either in my games. Changed some things that could potentially cause something like that though.
CubeDev Jun 19, 2017 @ 11:22am 
Originally posted by Chondrite:
Originally posted by CubeDev:
Couldn't see either in my games. Changed some things that could potentially cause something like that though.

Will hopefully be fixed in the future. And please also take notice of the first comment as that's an issue as well. Thank you anyways :)
dramocofalfoy Jun 19, 2017 @ 11:28am 
Could you put up an option to not allow fascists and communists to be able to pass free trade law along with the other options in the beginning of the game
Isip Jul 8, 2017 @ 3:04pm 
Great mod! Makes single player much more enjoyable. However i have noticed some weird things with the volonteer system.
1. The ai sends volonteers to every war. Like soviet union sending troops to Ethiopia.
2. When i play as italy the german ai has "strategical reasons to be hostile" meaning that it puts alot of troops on my border essentially wasting them aswell as sending volonteers to fights me in greece and yugoslavia. It dosent let me join the axis either. This is after the pact of steel focus and with 100 opinion with germany.
Kondi  [developer] Jul 9, 2017 @ 2:33am 
Originally posted by Isip:
Great mod! Makes single player much more enjoyable. However i have noticed some weird things with the volonteer system.
1. The ai sends volonteers to every war. Like soviet union sending troops to Ethiopia.
2. When i play as italy the german ai has "strategical reasons to be hostile" meaning that it puts alot of troops on my border essentially wasting them aswell as sending volonteers to fights me in greece and yugoslavia. It dosent let me join the axis either. This is after the pact of steel focus and with 100 opinion with germany.
I'll make some changes to hopefully stop this. I definitely don't want this happening but I don't see it in my games (depends on how you play the game I guess).
santyrion Jul 11, 2017 @ 5:05am 
Good afternoon. You can be integrated into translation mode settings on the Russian language? I can reset to you the corresponding files.
Kondi  [developer] Jul 11, 2017 @ 7:51am 
Originally posted by santyrion:
Good afternoon. You can be integrated into translation mode settings on the Russian language? I can reset to you the corresponding files.
Do you mean you want to make a Russian translation of the mod settings? Not all the text in the mod is currently set in the localisation files. I would have to fix this before a translation is possible.

It will take time to fix this unless you're willing to fix these event files as well.
Kondi  [developer] Jul 12, 2017 @ 6:19am 
The files are fixed now so making a translation is possible.
santyrion Jul 12, 2017 @ 11:39pm 
Where to send the finished files?
Kondi  [developer] Jul 13, 2017 @ 1:17am 
If you can use github, you could just edit the file here https://github.com/Kondikka/expertai/blob/current/localisation/EAI_l_russian.yml.

Otherwise I guess you can just upload it somewhere.
Kondi  [developer] Jul 13, 2017 @ 7:33am 
I made a couple of fixes to the localisation file in the latest patch so remember to check out the updated file. :)
astec Jul 24, 2017 @ 8:03pm 
you should consider making your mod compatible with pfu
santyrion Jul 29, 2017 @ 8:37am 
Hello. I made Russian localization:
https://gist.github.com/Development-IT/d0b7cad58939d6c0efde5d420bf8dd70
Integrate it into the main version
< >
Showing 1-15 of 401 comments
Per page: 1530 50