Founded
May 23, 2016
Language
English
All Discussions > Development > Topic Details
Ilu ✅ Mar 20, 2022 @ 8:17am
How do i delete Special K fully?
Hi guys,
Special K is interrupting with my games (GTA5 for instance) and i want it out of my system, i tried deleting the "My Mods" folder but it keep coming back and back and i have no clue how to stop the "Global Injector" as it doesn't show up anywhere..
Thanks!
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Aemony Mar 20, 2022 @ 11:08am 
Originally posted by Ilu ✅:
Hi guys,
Special K is interrupting with my games (GTA5 for instance) and i want it out of my system, i tried deleting the "My Mods" folder but it keep coming back and back and i have no clue how to stop the "Global Injector" as it doesn't show up anywhere..
Thanks!

That sounds like you have Special K installed for that game within its game folder, so you'd have to remove the dxgi.dll or d3d11.dll file from the folder the game executable resides in.

As long as those DLL files remain, when you launch the game SK will start alongside it and auto-create the My Mods folder.
Kaldaien Mar 22, 2022 @ 9:22pm 
Click uninstall
Ilu ✅ Mar 23, 2022 @ 2:44am 
Haha what a joker, i actually had to delete Special K from the first game i used it back few months (folder by folder) but i had no idea it will move to other games as well.. now without it starting i have zero problems. Thank you!
Ilu ✅ Mar 23, 2022 @ 2:45am 
Shift+Ctrl combo of "disabling" the Special K doesn't work by the way.
Kaldaien Mar 23, 2022 @ 6:23am 
Haha what a joker, i actually had to delete Special K from the first game i used it back few months (folder by folder) but i had no idea it will move to other games as well.. now without it starting i have zero problems. Thank you!
No, that's literally how you uninstall it.

Right next to the install button, there's an uninstall button.
Ilu ✅ Mar 23, 2022 @ 8:36am 
Originally posted by Kaldaieℵ₀:
No, that's literally how you uninstall it.

Right next to the install button, there's an uninstall button.

Clearly not enough guides on how to unistall this program properly, anyway thanks for the help.
Aemony Mar 23, 2022 @ 9:58am 

Local installs of Special K won't "move" to other games, and for a global install it's as easy as uninstalling it through Windows' Programs and Features list.

The one time we've had a case of a local install of Special K being applied for another game than the one the user applied it for was when the user had GShade installed. GShade works by symlinking its DLL file to game folders, and when the user installed a local copy of Special K to the game folder, they inadvertently replaced GShade's original DLL file with Special K... So basically instead of having GShade apply for multiple games, they managed to have Special K apply for multiple games...

And in those situations there's really nothing we can know or even be aware of, as SK is working as intended and it's ultimately GShade's reliance on symbolic links that causes the whole situation to begin with.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Development > Topic Details