Metro: Last Light Redux

Metro: Last Light Redux

View Stats:
Mouse/Keyboard Issues in (METRO Last Light Redux)
Guys! I'm in need of some serious help and I can't progress further into the game (METRO LAST LIGHT REDUX) due to the issue.

Explanation: So I was playing my game as usual and when I was done I went back to the main menu and exited the game properly. When I relaunched the game, my pc gave me a prompt that said "Game was not able to close previously, Would you like to open game in safe mode?" and I pressed NO since I didn't wanna get any issues. When the game launched the intro was a stuttering mess. I relaunched the game and it worked fine but when I click continue to start playing my mouse and keyboard didn't respond to any keys and clicks, I tried going back to the setting menu (esc), it wouldn't even let me go to the setting menu, (THE MOUSE WORKED ON MAIN MENU AND THAT'S HOW I CONTINUED TO PLAY BUT IT DID NOT WORK IN GAME). I started NEW GAME which wiped my previous progression upon which I realised that the game was giving me CONTROLLER MOVEMENT HINTS instead of Mouse/Keyboard. I believe the game is mistaking my Mouse/Keyboard for a controller and any key or click I do is not being registered.

-I tired REINSTALLING
-I tried swapping my peripherals (Mouse/Keyboard)
-Don't have a controller :(

I prefer Mouse/Keyboard and I've searched all over google was not able to find a fix I hope someone can help!