Metro: Last Light Redux

Metro: Last Light Redux

View Stats:
Imyo Jun 30, 2021 @ 11:02am
About Lestnisky and Pavel and good ending. (Major spoilers)
Im thinking of replaying the game (again, holy fk this trilogy is mindblowing) and im trying to stick to canon as hard as i can, there is no problem with metro 2033 but its pretty hard on metro last light due to sparing lestnisky and pavel being part of the good ending, wich seems absurdly unrealistic, mostly because you are literally killing dozens to get to them, ppl that were clearly just following orders and when you get there you kinda forget about everything and avoid killing them just to get the good ending because its canon.

So , my question is as follows:

Is there a way to kill both and still get the good ending?

At least killing lestnisky, i can see myself sparing pavel somehow (hard tho) but not lestnisky since there is no human connection with him and hes just plain evil and did some ♥♥♥♥ to your future wife too.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
♠.brT Jun 30, 2021 @ 7:42pm 
I think you can kill Lesnitsky and still get the good ending, i heard that you can also kill pavel and get the good ending but apparently that is very difficult, and it requires pretty much every good moral point in the game.

Honestly Pavel is not that bad of a guy, so sparing him isn't really that big of a deal to me, other than the fact that he is an absolute pain in the butt to take down with his cheat aimbots.

You don't need to kill anyone to get to Lesnitsky, you can bypass them or knock them down. You do have to go through a small army to get to Pavel though.

What do you mean "what he did to your future wife"? Are you talking about the scene between him and Ana. I know that scene is weird, and some people made some pretty wild assumptions of that scene, but really think about that for a second, they are in the middle of a poison gas, a red army officer that was wounded decided to be shot rather than dying from the virus that he got infected with it. Do you really think Lesnitsky did what people say he did to Ana in that location in that cutscene? I don't think so, it looks like he got a bit touchy with her, and she kicked him (that's probably what that sound is supposed to indicate) Again, it is a weird cutscene, and it did leave me a bit puzzled as well, but i don't agree with some of the assumptions people made of that cutscene.

He's still a pretty evil guy that deserve to die, however even if you "spare him" you leave him without a mask on and the one next to him doesn't have a filter if i recall correctly, so really he dies either way.

Also in my opinion it is different to kill in self defense than it is to straight up murder people who didn't fought back. So for example, killing Lesnitsky when he's helpess on the ground, is a bit more of a violent action than killing a soldier that is shooting at you, that's just my opinion though.
Last edited by ♠.brT; Jun 30, 2021 @ 7:55pm
Imyo Jun 30, 2021 @ 8:02pm 
Originally posted by ♠.brT:
He's still a pretty evil guy that deserve to die, however even if you "spare him" you leave him without a mask on and the one next to him doesn't have a filter if i recall correctly, so really he dies either way.

Also in my opinion it is different to kill in self defense than it is to straight up murder people who didn't fought back. So for example, killing Lesnitsky when he's helpess on the ground, is a bit more of a violent action than killing a soldier that is shooting at you, that's just my opinion though.

This, i didnt think about that and its quite amazing to look at it that way, it can really work out in a roleplaying perspective, thanks for that insight.

And the "self defense" is a bit tricky tho, because there are some parts in the game that straight force you to kill when you could easily find a way to do it without a massacre, but still, thats also how i look at it, i try to stealth as much as i can and if ♥♥♥♥ hits the fan i start taking down ppl if fleeing isnt an option. That only gets annoying when you actually get killed and you have to reload, there are 2 options there 1) you try to sneak again 2) you try to recreate the point in wich you messed up your stealth. Thats why i love playing ironman style, but its not an option in this game, some missions are almost luck based.
Green Jesus Jun 30, 2021 @ 9:14pm 
You can kill either, but not both if you want to get the good ending. You loss lots of moral points by each one you kill.
Last edited by Green Jesus; Jul 1, 2021 @ 2:23pm
♠.brT Jul 25, 2021 @ 4:45pm 
I'd just like to confirm that you can in fact get the Good ending by killing both Lesnitsky and Pavel. I've just did it in my playthrough by complete accident while going for the last two achievements that i didn't had in the redux version of the game - kill pavel and the destroy D6 achievement. I killed both Lesnitsky and Pavel - got the bad karma for it, but the game still gave me the good ending anyway. I think the way to do it really is to get as many moral points as you can as well as minimize the amount of human kills you do. That's what i did in my playthrough mostly because i was just trying to speed run the game to get those two achievements and Oops, got the good ending instead.

So since the game denied me the bad ending i decided to just cheat to get the achievement instead.
Last edited by ♠.brT; Jul 25, 2021 @ 4:49pm
Anna becomes our wife? the same ♥♥♥♥♥♥ who left us knocked-out for 2-5+ hours until the [1940 germans] got us? the same person who couldn't get off their high house, acting better then us, while we did everything in metro 2033?
THAT Anna? (also thx for the info, gonna send lestnisky to the grabby hand street from jjba p4)
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50