Terra Invicta

Terra Invicta

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Hooded Horse  [developer] Sep 26, 2022 @ 11:53am
How to report crashes and other bugs
Hi everyone!

If you run into crashes or other issues during the EA version, we would very much appreciate you submitting reports so we can fix the issues.

Please send us an email to: support@pavonisinteractive.com

Please include as much of the following as you can provide:
1) Attach your saved game located at: %HOMEPATH%\Documents\My games\TerraInvicta\Saves
2) Attach your Player.log and Player-prev.log located at: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Pavonis Interactive\TerraInvicta
3) Include a brief description of the issue and any steps a player may need to take to reproduce the issue from the provided save file
4) Let us know the version number of the game where the issue was encountered in the email subject line

We very much appreciate the help. On receiving your report the development team will take a look and do their best to fix!

NOTE: Please update your drivers if you experience crashes and see if it helps. One user had a crash that was fixed when they updated their Nvidia 1060 drivers.
Last edited by Hooded Horse; Aug 7, 2023 @ 6:22pm
Originally posted by Splaticus:
i had several hard crashes and it was this:

if you active sync with dropbox (as the default save location is My Documents - which i sync by default) it fudges them up and causes CTD

turn off active sync for the game folder and its been fine since. this was listed in the Patch1 notes
< >
Showing 1-15 of 178 comments
what about the steam version?
Vince Sep 29, 2022 @ 5:58am 
Originally posted by 82DK-M Trowser30:
what about the steam version?
What do you mean? I have a Steam version and was able to find the logs in my user folder AppData. The folder is hidden by default so you might need to open File Explorer and adjust view options to show all hidden files and folders. When you create a save game in game it will be saved locally in your documents folder. player.log file will contain the exact path of saves that you've made during your session.
Arvid Sep 29, 2022 @ 8:13am 
AppData and then? What's the path of the game logs?
Vince Sep 29, 2022 @ 12:25pm 
Originally posted by Arvid:
AppData and then? What's the path of the game logs?

Logs - C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\PavonisInteractive\TerraInvicta
Saves - C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\TerraInvicta\Saves
Kashkalgar Sep 29, 2022 @ 4:43pm 
why is there not (given that this is early access) a submit bug report feature within the UI? Why make the community jump through hoops to submit a bug report? Granted, most of the reports submitted in-game will simply be a mis-understanding of the UI... but that means that you need to CHANGE THE UI!!! FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, YOU ARE GETTING KILLED OVER YOUR UX!! YOU HAVE A GREAT GAME AND IT WILL BE LOST AND FORGOTTEN BECAUSE THE UI/UX MAKES IT UNPLAYABLE!!!
Riff Zifnab Sep 30, 2022 @ 7:08pm 
Hold fire Kashkalgar, ease off the caps lock. Yes making it easier to send a bug report would increase the bugs reported. But hyperbolic comments don't encourage engagement by the dev team.

If you want stuff that's easier to copy and paste you can use the following:
Save Games:
%HOMEPATH%\Documents\My games\TerraInvicta\

Logs (player.log and player-prev.log)
%HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Pavonis Interactive\TerraInvicta\

Also .gz (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gzip) is already a compressed format, so no need to zip it. This should be the default save format unless you disable compressed zips in the options.
Breeding Dark Urge Sep 30, 2022 @ 8:11pm 
At some point i started to consistently crashing making the game unplayable :(
i'll send the save and logs but i wanted to let you know that my disapointement is great and my day is ruined.
Anyway, from what i can see in the logs that could have something to do with the events triggers.
MSalters Oct 1, 2022 @ 8:23am 
Not a crash bug, but if you aggressively colonize near jupiter early on, you get spammed to death with alien fleet movement messages. I got ~5 messages / turn.
Tequila Sunset Oct 2, 2022 @ 4:00am 
Yeah constant crashing after 2nd or 3rd phase. RTX3070, ryzen 5 5600x, running on nvme. Dissapointed because I was really enthusiasted.
Csupasz Pisztoly Oct 2, 2022 @ 4:07am 
On Linux with Proton, the player logs folder can be found here:
SteamLibrary/steamapps/compatdata/1176470/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/AppData/LocalLow/Pavonis Interactive/TerraInvicta/

And the save game folder can be found here:
SteamLibrary/steamapps/compatdata/1176470/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/Documents/My Games/TerraInvicta/Saves/
Yetifett Oct 2, 2022 @ 12:25pm 
Originally posted by Tequila Sunset:
Yeah constant crashing after 2nd or 3rd phase. RTX3070, ryzen 5 5600x, running on nvme. Dissapointed because I was really enthusiasted.

Same here. Been playing for about 10h this weekend, game crashed about 15 times, and entire PC blue-screened about 10 times. Usually 5-20 minutes into game (new or loaded). Once it lasted like an hour without crashing, was amazing ^_^

Rocking a RTX3070 & some i7 cpu. Please fix fast, its SUPER annoying.
my crash problems have been solved with the last patch on my side
A developer of this app has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
Splaticus Oct 3, 2022 @ 6:12am 
i had several hard crashes and it was this:

if you active sync with dropbox (as the default save location is My Documents - which i sync by default) it fudges them up and causes CTD

turn off active sync for the game folder and its been fine since. this was listed in the Patch1 notes
Tequila Sunset Oct 3, 2022 @ 11:13am 
OK, my problem was my OS language. In some games this kind of weird thing happens due to the non-English characters. I hope they find a fix for it but after changing my OS language from windows settings, NOT one crash ever again, straight up to 30 hours! I'm addicted, what a game!
alexjwalsh Oct 3, 2022 @ 1:19pm 
Couldn't get loaded up crashed after the first two screens showing dev's - requested refund
< >
Showing 1-15 of 178 comments
Per page: 1530 50