Re: BATTLEFIELD 2042 UPDATE #5.2.0

by KnightFury68

Original Post

★ Guide

I just played the new Hourglass and I can say I Puke crybabies who hated this map before. Now I,m crying because I loved the size of the original map. Honestly the original map should have been the beginning of the match and after the wind storm the map should have looked more like the reworked version, Levelution in action with sand covering the parts you don't want in the action anymore until end of match.  The large map should still include the stadium and I never liked the idea of losing it. I set up Free for all matches and the bots and I spawn plenty around the stadium and the spread out action is fun. now there is a large part of the map I cannot use. To me this should be the medium sized map and the large map should remain the same as the original at least. The stadium was very underappreciated.

Please and Thank you.

Message 11 of 15 (1,220 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, nice update but the game doesen't work anymore. Only the hourglass map works.. cannot connect to any server.. this on pc 

Message 12 of 15 (1,198 Views)

★★ Guide

Mmmm that's weird it works fine here on PC, all game modes are selectable, too bad we are forced to update the Graphics driver

Message 13 of 15 (1,191 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This new update for the map hourglass is horrible. Orbital and hour glass are big and great for tons of combat and sniping as well. With the new update it is ruined completely.
Message 14 of 15 (1,165 Views)

★ Guide

Playing infantry only and firing my weapon on semi auto I listened to the report. Sounds are good but firing weapons with supersonic ammunition will always have noticeable thunder crack that follows the bullet and echos off the distant objects. Sort of the way the sniper rifles sound. All weapons that fire supersonic should have the cracking (not loud whish sound) but the sound of the lightning as it travels through the sky before the hit of thunder when it strikes an object on the ground. 9mm, 223, 308, Howitzer shells, 20mm ,105mm etc. they all have supersonic crack with supersonic ammo. However, the subsonic ammo sounds right with suppressors. The supersonic ammo with suppressors is good as well but missing the supersonic crack. This may seem trivial to most people who never fired real weapons. However, to me it is the difference between fake and immersive realism. I play games for a diversion. The games that have the best weapons and sounds scratch the itch to shoot real guns and I don't need money for ammo, a range. I don't disturb neighbors, and I don't need to clean and maintain my dirty guns. 

This game with Portal is so close to the perfect game for me. Casual and fun.

All supersonic ammo no matter the size will have a lightning crack as it flies through the air. 

Maybe consider this in your next game..

thank you

Message 15 of 15 (1,134 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help