Re: Play BF2042 blocked by antivirus

by DarthFDG

Original Post

Play BF2042 blocked by antivirus

★★ Novice

Hi,

I bought BF2042 few days ago on Steam and I've never been able to play it. When I start the game from Steam, a small window appears from EA App loading the game. After some seconds I get a crash report with the following details :

• Process name : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Battlefield 2042\EAAntiCheat.GameServiceLauncher.exe
  • Exception info : The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
  • Heap info : Not present
  • Error info : <EMPTY>
  • Exception code : 0xc0000005

After looking and testing some tips from many topics, I may have find the issue origin : even if I have an admin profile on Windows, as this is my pro computer, I have no  possibility to white list the game and the anticheat app in the antivirus.

May this intuition be the right direction ? If so, would you have some solution ?

Or would you have some other tips ?

And last option : remove the EA Anticheat, as I don't want to play online, but the game is simply neither starting nor reporting crashes... Any advice on this last-chance option ?

Thanks in advance for your support ! Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (259 Views)

Hero

I suggest you attach a DXDIAG report, as someone may spot something causing your issue.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 6 (185 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @DarthFDG,

As advised, here is my DXDiag report.

Message 3 of 6 (114 Views)

Hero

Thanks for posting the DXDIAG report. It helps.

Try updating Windows 11. You are using an old version.

While I am not 100% sure the NVIDIA RTX A1000 is a supported video card, make sure your laptop is using the NVIDIA RTX A1000 when playing the game. You may need to configure something in BIOS (e.g., disable on-board graphics).

There are multiple issues mentioned in the Diagnostics section of the DXDIAG report. I suggest you look into those also.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 4 of 6 (106 Views)

★★ Novice

I forced the graphic card for Battlefield game and I checked for Windows 11 updates, but none. I retried launching the BF2042 but still the same issue... Disappointed

PS : I attach a more recent DxDiag in case it helps.

Message 5 of 6 (38 Views)

Hero

If you haven't already, hook up an external monitor and close the laptop lid, so it's just using the external monitor. See if this helps.

What did you find out about the issues in the Diagnostics section of the report?

Also, I suggest you contact EA support directly to confirm whether that A1000 is supported.

Message 6 of 6 (33 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help