[PC] Dead Space Remake Crashing at Launch

by BoomHeadShot8

Original Post

Re: Dead Space remake crashing at launch PC

Community Manager

@BoomHeadShot8 Gotcha. can you change the resolution and screen sizes, windowed vs full screen to see if any of these make a difference? The freezing could be a bad update, or save file, but also could contribute to the video rendering as well.

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 21 of 48 (1,112 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Shepard
Windowed mode because im using obs to save my videos I dont know why but in fullscreen I can't capture.
Dlss + high textures in 1080p no ray tracing
I will try fullscreen
Message 22 of 48 (1,110 Views)

Community Manager

@BoomHeadShot8 Makes total sense. Def. don't want to take away from making those videos for sure!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 23 of 48 (1,108 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i did'nt notice any change in fullscreen

Already playing ~8h without crash and my method is working

Message 24 of 48 (1,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@BoomHeadShot8 That is great, Im glad it's going longer without crashing!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 25 of 48 (1,051 Views)

★★ Novice

I am running windows 11 and am able to run Dead Space 2023 but am facing the issue with Classic Dead Space 1-3 that i got through ea as part of xbox game pass. My system is up to date. I have already tried disabling my antivirus and firewall. I have set the shortcut to running compatibility mode with administrator rights as well as modified the exploit protection setting. Game immediatly closes out and i had to go into event viewer to see the application error which is the same as this thread. Please advise

Message 26 of 48 (784 Views)

Community Manager

@Alien_Skull Are you running them through the EA app, or through Epic or Steam?

Can you load the task manager and see if they stay opened or they close immediately? 

What it sounds like is something is blocking it from launching. That may not be the antivirus, this could also be Windows defender, Windows UAC, or a folder permissions being blocked.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 27 of 48 (770 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the response. I am launching it through the ea app. I did check the task manager and the app closes instantly. I use avg for antivirus and firewall. The app is already white listed and have disabled the firewall but face the same issues. Can you please provide steps that may need to be taken to fix the issue

Message 28 of 48 (733 Views)

★★ Novice

Just following up. I have tested on my Windows 10 laptop and it runs fine, but is not my preferred device. So it definitely would not be network related and is isolated to the computer. I have tried to set the game up using compatibility mode on my desktop and launched to run with administrator credentials. Can you please provide any step by step directions that I may use so that it can run on my desktop? Thanks in advance! 

Message 29 of 48 (476 Views)

Community Manager

@Alien_Skull Does your desktop have multiple drives in it? You should def not have to go into event viewer at all. 

When you install the games on your desktop, you are doing this through the Xbox app yes? I have game pass and a brand new install of Windows so I can test it out with no security changes being made or AV installed other than Windows defender.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 30 of 48 (447 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help