Madden 24 PS4 Version on PS5 team is a different game then PS5 on PS5

by ItzTacomon44

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden 24 PS4 Version on PS5 team is a different game then PS5 on PS5

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the game at launch on PS5 and for some reason it downloaded the ps4 version first. I did not realize this was the case and I have spent many hours playing the game and purchased mut points. My issue is once I realized on was on the ps4 i installed the ps5 version to play the better version, when I launched the game non of my progress transferred over what do I do. I spent to much time and money to start over, but I have to play on last gen graphics for the rest of the year? I hope I’ll get some help or at least this will be a warning PROGRESS AND PURCHASES DO NOT TRANSFER BETWEEN VERSIONS EVEN IF YOU LINK YOUR EA ACCOUNT. Please help

Message 1 of 4 (3,063 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Madden 24 PS4 Version on PS5 team is a different game then PS5 on PS5

Community Manager

Hey @ItzTacomon44 

To confirm progress, rewards, and purchases do not transfer over from the PS4 version of MUT to the PS5. 

For more information, check out our FAQ

Thanks!

What content will carry over if I upgrade to a next-generation console?
No content or progression from Franchise modes, Face of the Franchise, the Yard, or Madden Ultimate Team™ will carry over between console generations using Dual Entitlement, owing to gameplay differences between Xbox One/PS4 versions and Xbox Series X|S/PS5 versions. Please note that Superstar: The League and Superstar: Showdown are not available on PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. The Yard and Face of the Franchise are not available on PC, PS5, or Xbox Series X|S versions of the game.

If you upgrade to Xbox Series X|S or PS5, any content or progression that does not carry over from the previous version will still be available in your Xbox One or PS4 version. You can still access this content when you play the Xbox One or PS4 version of the game as long as you are playing this version on your Xbox One or PS4 console. If you play the Xbox One of PS4 version on your Xbox Series X|S or Gen 5 machine, the content will not transfer.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (3,035 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @ItzTacomon44 

To confirm progress, rewards, and purchases do not transfer over from the PS4 version of MUT to the PS5. 

For more information, check out our FAQ

Thanks!

What content will carry over if I upgrade to a next-generation console?
No content or progression from Franchise modes, Face of the Franchise, the Yard, or Madden Ultimate Team™ will carry over between console generations using Dual Entitlement, owing to gameplay differences between Xbox One/PS4 versions and Xbox Series X|S/PS5 versions. Please note that Superstar: The League and Superstar: Showdown are not available on PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. The Yard and Face of the Franchise are not available on PC, PS5, or Xbox Series X|S versions of the game.

If you upgrade to Xbox Series X|S or PS5, any content or progression that does not carry over from the previous version will still be available in your Xbox One or PS4 version. You can still access this content when you play the Xbox One or PS4 version of the game as long as you are playing this version on your Xbox One or PS4 console. If you play the Xbox One of PS4 version on your Xbox Series X|S or Gen 5 machine, the content will not transfer.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (3,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same things happening to me, but it’s that it’s stuck on ps5 version and i can’t play with my friends because i don’t have a team on the ps 4

Message 3 of 4 (2,967 Views)

★★★ Newbie
That is incredibly ridiculous. People spend their money on it and you guys simply won’t make a patch that allows the mud team to transfer from PS4 to PS5that is incredibly greedy as well. I hope you guys sleep well at night knowing that you’re just robbing people because you’re lazy and don’t wanna understand that you have grown adults who dedicate their time to this game Real
Message 4 of 4 (164 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help