Re: Fifa 23 directx crashing

by IceLancerSRB

Original Post

Fifa 23 directx crashing

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Sometimes when I'm playing a game on Fifa 23 the game freezes and I get an error on my screen and the game closes. 

The error that I get is: DirectX function “GetDeviceRemovedReason” failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG (“The GPU will not respond to more commands”). GPU: “NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3070”, Driver: 51694. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers.

I repaired my game, I uninstalled my graphics drivers and reïnstalled it. I checked the drivers of my controller and everything is correct, but it keeps crashing.

Attached is my DxDiag file and a picture of the error.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

Message 1 of 10 (2,223 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @jarno-vb the error you are seeing is one relating to your GPU, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You also need to ensure that you:

• Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean boot before attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (2,212 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello! I have the same problem, did you manage to solve it? I have been suffering for two months now and there is nothing I can do, I have already tried everything.

Message 3 of 10 (2,159 Views)

Community Manager

Did you try the steps above @C0S4Y?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 10 (2,142 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, sure. nothing helped.

Message 5 of 10 (2,135 Views)

Community Manager

In that case @C0S4Y you will need to reach out to your card manufacturer for assistance.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 10 (2,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Haha yeah like its not your fault pls optimize ur game better if a ps5 can run it why cant my 2080 super and i7-14700K run it huh? there is nothing wrong with my computer its just ur lazy employees that cant do their job right and cant fix anything. Always just copy paste the same game and it never works entirely. Always a problem

Message 7 of 10 (1,426 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Still having this issue in fc 24 is wild
Message 8 of 10 (1,425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

hm ok thats not it....i was crashing yest in menus, then i did something..

and i played 4 hours yest no issues. Today i boot system and it crashes again , second time it reboots my entire pc..

It feels as if ea sports has problem with steam.

If i ignore steam and start ea app first, then launch game from there. It doesnt crash. 

But it has to be done on clean system boot. If you launched game via steam first it will crash again

Message 9 of 10 (373 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I spoke too soon.

for 3 days it was working fine. This morning it was working fine. Right now i start and it keeps crashing on dxgi.

I reboot one time , two times, three.. and now its working again. This * game.. 

Message 10 of 10 (309 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help