Error connecting to server specifically on fifa 23

by Aidan101108

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error connecting to server specifically on fifa 23

★★★ Newbie

I am having a problem specifically with fifa 23 where I keep getting this message. I am unable to use any online features at all. I have tried every method, including DNS, deleting random unneeded files, changing favorite team, and even deleting and redownloading the game. This issue is not in EA FC, just in fifa 23. I am playing the ps4 edition on the ps5, to accommodate for my friends.

Message 25 of 187 (2,012 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: You lost your connection to ea servers fix

Community Manager

Hello, everyone. I have merged similar threads together regarding the issue of not being able to connect to FIFA 23. We have made the team aware of this and will update when we have some news.

***ACCEPTING AS A SOLUTION FOR VISIBILITY PURPOSES ONLY. THIS ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED***

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 119 of 187 (2,154 Views)

All Replies

FIFA - Unable to connect to the EA servers

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The message says unable to connect, please check your internet connection, make sure the Platform Client is online and try again. I can play any of my games online except FIFA. PS4 is my console. I would like some help as futbirthday is underway and I’m missing a bunch of stuff. And if it can’t be resolved I would like some sort of compensation since it’s not my fault. If it does end up being an issue on my end obviously I don’t deserve compensation.

Message 1 of 187 (11,737 Views)

Re: Unable to connect to the EA servers

Community Manager

@Cheeze_Whiz1234 

Maybe your PS+ subscription has lapsed?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/problems-playing-online/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 187 (11,713 Views)

★ Novice

I don’t think that’s the issue because if my ps plus ran out I would not be able to play other games online

Message 3 of 187 (11,703 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Cheeze_Whiz1234 To confirm some games due require a PS subscription to play online, you can check via their PS store pages. 

If you have an active PS sub, can we try the following steps as well?

• Clear the systems cache (Close the game completely > Turn off the console > Wait 30-60 seconds > Restart and Relaunch)
  • Verify you signed into your PSN account
  • Check for updates 
  • Restore Licence
  • Try the steps in our Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Open your PS5 NAT Type
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 187 (11,658 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Barry I cant connect to fifa 23s online servers but I can connect on companion please fix this

Xbox Series S
Message 5 of 187 (10,957 Views)

FIFA 23 "unable-to-connect" error message

★★★ Newbie

Please help with this error message:

"The EA servers are not available at this time. Please try again later. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information. 

I looked at previous threads from the last few years suggesting that I check the Date/Time, check the server status, followed all the steps in "troubleshoot your connection to EA games" (though I have not tried the twitter stream). Also, this is for my son who is 10yo but the parental controls should not be an issue since this is an "E" (everyone game). Please help!

=)  

Message 6 of 187 (20,803 Views)

Re: FIFA 23 "unable-to-connect" error message

Community Manager

Hi there, @maryann805 

Thanks for reaching out. If your son is playing on a child account, they will not be able to play multiplayer modes. This is in order to comply with various online protection laws. In most places, they will need to be 13 before their account can be converted to a teen account and participate in multiplayer modes.

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 187 (20,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly!

Does this mean that he can't play this game at all or just not in multi-player? Can we switch some preferences or gaming mode defaults so that he can access this game?

Message 8 of 187 (20,739 Views)

Community Manager

@maryann805 

He can't play any multiplayer modes, but is probably good for the single player modes in FUT.

We can try some troubleshooting. What platform is he playing on?

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 187 (20,726 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help