Can't launch Dead Space (2023) via Steam!

by Kaitlinn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't launch Dead Space (2023) via Steam!

★★ Novice

Every time I tried to launch Dead Space on Steam, it doesn't compile shaders; instead, it kept asking me to verify identity on EA App, even though the game was installed on Steam. 

Spec:

Windows 11 64-bit OS

ASUS ROG Maximus Apex Encore Z790 Motherboard

Intel Core i9-14900k

G.Skill 96GB DDR5 7400 Mhz DDRR5

NVIDIA GeForce Driver v551.61

Message 1 of 5 (589 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't launch Dead Space (2023) via Steam!

★★★★ Apprentice

I've posted this else where, but IMHO it is always best to launch a game from the app that natively hosts it.

As DeadSpace is directly (without linking) on the EA app only (I think?) I recommend you launch it from the EA app.

Steam purchase, yes, but linked through EA app I believe.

If no EA app or out dated, simply install, or update, then launch from EA app.

I have never had any problems launching any game from the EA app directly. Same with Steam for apps not linked.

In the past I had Steam linked to a couple of games, but de-linked and launched said games directly

from EA. After that, no issues launching at all.

Linking doesn't always work smoothly due to things like app updates, verification which needs to be done through

the main host app, regardless of where purchased. At least that's what I found.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong about any of that. Linking seems useful, but it is another layer of potential issues.

What I've written here is from past experience. Simply, I no longer link Steam, EA, Epic etc, except in rare situations

where it might be necessary. That usually is to do with Microsoft gaming accounts. 

Currently my only linked (forced) is nothing to do with EA.

Halo infinity on Steam also requires a Microsoft account. It's easy enough, but if not played for a while have resign in and even

that caused me a minor issue once. That's an exception. 

If I see a game on Steam that links through the EA app, I simply log out of Steam and purchase directly from EA through EA app.

Never had a problem that way.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (560 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

I've posted this else where, but IMHO it is always best to launch a game from the app that natively hosts it.

As DeadSpace is directly (without linking) on the EA app only (I think?) I recommend you launch it from the EA app.

Steam purchase, yes, but linked through EA app I believe.

If no EA app or out dated, simply install, or update, then launch from EA app.

I have never had any problems launching any game from the EA app directly. Same with Steam for apps not linked.

In the past I had Steam linked to a couple of games, but de-linked and launched said games directly

from EA. After that, no issues launching at all.

Linking doesn't always work smoothly due to things like app updates, verification which needs to be done through

the main host app, regardless of where purchased. At least that's what I found.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong about any of that. Linking seems useful, but it is another layer of potential issues.

What I've written here is from past experience. Simply, I no longer link Steam, EA, Epic etc, except in rare situations

where it might be necessary. That usually is to do with Microsoft gaming accounts. 

Currently my only linked (forced) is nothing to do with EA.

Halo infinity on Steam also requires a Microsoft account. It's easy enough, but if not played for a while have resign in and even

that caused me a minor issue once. That's an exception. 

If I see a game on Steam that links through the EA app, I simply log out of Steam and purchase directly from EA through EA app.

Never had a problem that way.

Message 2 of 5 (561 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry for double post. OP, in your case I can say with confidence that launching from a fully updated EA app & or account

those verification problems will be solved. Good luck! Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (559 Views)

★★ Novice

I'll try your advice. Thanks.

Message 4 of 5 (540 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Everyone

As this thread is a bit old at this point, things have changed and been updated, we will lock this down and consider this resolved.

If you run into any further issues please create a new thread or add your information to an existing thread so we can begin tracking accordingly!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 5 (207 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help