All of my saves are gone in dead space

by BarneyBoomer2000

Original Post

Re: All of my saves are gone in dead space

Community Manager

Apologies for the delay

@BarneyBoomer2000 If there are not save files in that folder that would be why they disappeared. 

Again to confirm there was nothing in the recycle bin for your PC? If not do you have any security that might keep logs of its activity to see if they were removed?

Aside from that, the only other thing I could think of that could cause them to delete is if you have something like one drive backing up files and possibly removed local ones. 

If not, if you're using Steam or Epic, you could try pulling any cloud saves manually and seeing if they are restored. If not can you try deleting the Dead Space folder > run a repair >  try to make a new save and check if it will stay? 

@tasteslikegold27 

To confirm as well, do you have any security to might be messing with game files?

If not, first keep your saved files on the desktop. 

Then try to delete the entire Dead Space folder in documents, and run a repair of the game. Once done run it as admin and check if the files stay at 0KB kor if you can move your .sav files into the new Dead Space folder and if they are picked up. 

Cheers All, 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 11 of 15 (1,159 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ok, so I got my old saves working, but not quite as you advised. I'l try to explain here if someone might have the same problem.  I did what you recommended, deleted the whole Dead Space 2023 folder, and run verify in Steam. Then started game, which loaded into the beginning of the game, the first manual save I made for this troubleshoot. It got them from cloud. I turned of cloud sync.

Then I closed game, went in the savefolder and removed all sav. files and replaced them with the old saves that clearly still had data in them. Booted game and alas, I was in Chapter 10. The in game save name is still Chapter one, but it loaded my old Chapter 10 save. I saved on a new slot and the name of the save went to normal too, only the ingame playtime is not correct, it shows I have played 16 min when in reality I had around 19h playtime before corruption of saves.

So to recap:

If the game has corrupted your saves, and start from beginning, but you STILL have your old saves, and they clearly have data in them, try this.

- Backup your savefolder and all files your'e about to change, I.E copy them on desktop. Turn of cloud sync

- Start new game and make an manual save.

- Exit game, go to save folder and locate your manual save, should be SG01-01.sav.

-Then go to your old saves that you hopefully have copied somewhere, and locate you most recent uncorrupted file and name it SG01-01.sav

-Go to the save folder and replace the new save with the old one. 

-Start game, it should load you to your old game, make a new save to new slot and play on.

I hope that makes any sense to whoever might need it.

Thank you @EA_Illium for your help.

Cheers

Message 12 of 15 (1,151 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @tasteslikegold27, glad to hear you found a way to fix this. Thanks for sharing with the community!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 13 of 15 (1,107 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry, I know it's been a while. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game as well as tried to fix it. When I ran the game again, my original saves were still gone but the save that was created when I reopened the game has stayed.

Message 14 of 15 (994 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have this very same problem but on xbox series x, anyone know how to get the saves back on this system?? ive been trying for 3 days with xbox and ea support with no luck....

Message 15 of 15 (149 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help