All of my saves are gone in dead space

by BarneyBoomer2000

Original Post

All of my saves are gone in dead space

★ Novice

I'm not entirely sure what happened. I log into the game to continue, and I am all of a sudden starting in the opening cutscene. It happened today, at around 9:00 or 9:30 am. This happened before, but I was able to load into my previous saves and it showed all of my saves. This time, however, it showed that I didn't have any saves at all. I don't know what to do and it seems not many people have this problem. I'm on a PC, so I tried to look through the files but couldn't really find anything.  I've already tried restarting my computer and repairing and restarting the game, but it doesn't seem to work. It still shows that I have played for 4 hours and have unlocked several achievements, but none of my progress is there. I've only had this game for a week, and unfortunately have already run into some problems, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 15 (1,179 Views)

Re: All of my saves are gone in dead space

Community Manager
Hi @BarneyBoomer2000, Do you still have the files on your PC or have they been moved to your trash bin by chance?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 15 (1,142 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Illium I'm not quite sure where I should look for the saves. I've looked through the files and can not find anything, there isn't anything in the trash either.
Message 3 of 15 (1,098 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @BarneyBoomer2000, The default location should be on in your Documents folder > Dead Space (2023) do you have any files there?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 15 (1,037 Views)

★ Novice

I see "cache" "CrashDumps" "Screenshots" and "settings" when I open that up.

Message 5 of 15 (1,027 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi. I have the same problem so don't want to clutter by making a new thread. I still got my old saves in the save folder but the game don't recognize them. But they are indeed there and visible in windows.

Message 6 of 15 (1,003 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @BarneyBoomer2000, Apologies under Settings, do you have .Sav files?

Illium.png

Message 7 of 15 (970 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @tasteslikegold27, To check do you have any mods?

If not, can we try creating a temp folder on your desktop, you can name it something like "Saves temp folder" and move all your save files over.

After, start the game, get to a point to make a manual save, then restart the game to check if it can continue to see that save?

Illium.png

Message 8 of 15 (969 Views)

★ Novice

I can't find any .Sav files and I do not have any mods installed.

Message 9 of 15 (956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, and thanks for answering.

I tried that, started new game and can save and can see and load the new save in game afterwards too, only the old saves don't show up. I also copied the whole save folder right after the first time the game restarted itself from the beginning.

There's screenshot of the copied folder, if it's any help. I noticed that the Saveslots file is 0Kb, and it's empty when I open it in mempad, and some of the savegames too are 0Kb.

EDIT: Oh and yeah, no mods, vanilla game from the get go.

Message 10 of 15 (937 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help