Cannot Travel to or start new game in store bought worlds

by kimhunt1973

Original Post

Cannot Travel to or start new game in store bought worlds

★★★★ Novice

For some reason puzzlezaddict I cannot travel or start a new game in store content worlds, specifically Monte Vista, Lucky Palms and Midnight Hollow. All the associated content show downloaded and installed as normal. I also just started a new game in a completely different world and the associated items play just fine. I'm at a loss on this. Is there a limit to how many worlds can be installed? 

Message 1 of 2 (306 Views)

Re: Cannot Travel to or start new game in store bought worlds

@kimhunt1973  There's no hard limit to the number of worlds you can install, although eventually there might be too much data for the game to handle.  You wouldn't be able to travel to the worlds without a mod, specifically NRaas Traveler, although you should be able to start a new save there.  The fact that you can't suggests the content broke in some way, perhaps because you installed too much of it at once or the launcher bundled it into excessively large files.

I would suggest trying to install one world in a clean user folder, like this:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Store-Issues/Read-First-Sims-3-Store-guide/m-p/13479922#Clean

If it works, as in, you can start a new save in that world, you can install the other worlds, one at a time, and test them too.  Then you can transfer your other content to that new folder and pick up where you left off.  I would suggest reinstalling all your Store content, leaving behind the old files, so you don't wind up with duplicate items from the original installs of these worlds.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (293 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help