Price discrepancy with The Sims 4 Lovestruck expansion pack

by sallycutecat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Price discrepancy with The Sims 4 Lovestruck expansion pack

★★ Apprentice

The Sims 4 Lovestruck expansion pack became available for preorder today and I notice that it costs more than any other Sims 4 expansion pack. Expansion packs cost $50 NZ and they still show this as their full price, but Lovestruck is available for a whopping $70 NZ. This is higher than coverting US $40 to NZ $. A quick search has indicated that Lovestruck is still $40 in the US, the same as the other expansion packs, so why has it increased in New Zealand? I assume this is an error and hope to bring it to EA's attention so that it can be fixed soon.

Message 1 of 24 (1,256 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Price discrepancy with The Sims 4 Lovestruck expansion pack

Community Manager

Hey all,

We sometimes have to adjust prices based on changes in currency, which is why you may have noticed prices go up or down for The Sims 4 packs.

Impact is based on local currency; in some countries prices remained the same, while in others prices went up. The Sims 4 Expansion, Game, Stuff Pack and Kits pricing is consistent with both EA's and other major publishers' approach for each region.

EACade

View in thread

Message 17 of 24 (885 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

It's the same for us in Australia it's gone from 49.95 to 59.95

Message 2 of 24 (1,175 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yeah the price has gone up in Australia, too
why?

Message 3 of 24 (1,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Example for anyone outside of NZ and Australia.

Message 4 of 24 (1,150 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sallycutecat 

I don't know but could inflation have something to do with it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 24 (1,121 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I was genuinely shocked by the price increase when I logged into the EA app. And nothing was even said about it. Like surely it should remain the same price as other previous expansion packs? 

Message 6 of 24 (1,116 Views)

★★ Novice

If it was inflation it wouldn't make sense to just make new Zealand and Australia pay more but keep the same prices for the UK and the US

Message 7 of 24 (1,100 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@RaveDorian that makes sense because $40USD converts to $60AUD. We got the cheaper for a while and it was good while it lasted. But $40 USD is about $65NZD and they rounded it right up to $70 for us. 

Edit to clarify: I'm responding to your 1st comment about the pack being $59.95 now. I agree with your second comment, that it can't be inflation otherwise it would have gone up in the US and UK too.

Message 8 of 24 (953 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@BeachBoo90 they made an announcement about canadian prices going up back in 2018, but no word this time for us. The price should never increase by $20 without a word. I saw it and thought "that can't be right" but it's that same price everywhere it's available here.

Message 9 of 24 (952 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I wondered if it's a pre-order price.  If you want the running mascara you gotta pay extra for it?  Otherwise I don't think I'll be able to justify buying this until it's at on least half price sale!

Message 10 of 24 (904 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help