Re: A new Start: Which Packs would you choose? 🎁

by peno11

Original Post

A new Start: Which Packs would you choose? 🎁

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Let's say you start new with the Sims 4 and you can spend 150€/$ on Packs (and you can't wait for a sale):

Which Packs would you choose? And why?

Expansion Pack 40€/$

Game Pack 20€/$

Stuff Pack 10€/$

Kit 5€/$

Link to the Sims 4 Store 👉 here 👈

And a link to a Pack Guide on The Sims Community that helps you to find packs that match your play style 👉 here 👈

tumblr_2b6e4c3455d83d1d2340a4488341070a_757faa50_2048.jpg

Message 1 of 10 (1,078 Views)

★★ Pro

No way I could play without Supernaturals and Goats Wink

So:

Expansions:

Island Living 

Horse Ranch 

Game Packs:

Vampires

Werewolves

Realm of Magic

Stuff Pack:

Paranormal

40+40+20+20+20+10=150 🎉

Message 2 of 10 (1,060 Views)

Champion

@LennyOgg  Interesting challenge! Let's see...

Growing Together 40

Cottage Living 80

I'd love Cats & Dogs too, but not sure I can afford 3 expansions, so on to game packs...

Werewolves 100

Jungle Adventure 120

Next would be Strangerville, but trying to limit myself again, let's leave that off for now...

Home Chef Hustle 130

Now the decisions get harder. With 20 left, I can't get Cats & Dogs, but could get Strangerville... or two stuff packs... maybe Paranormal and/or Bowling? Or Kid's Stuff... and while most of the kits are not what I'd consider necessary, Little Campers is pretty cool and would add a variety of social activities (don't break the llama, campfire for roasting marshmallows, the projector screen).

Let's go with Paranormal and Little Campers. Which leaves me with 5, so another kit... book nook.

Final list:

Growing Together, Cottage Living, Little Campers, and Book Nook expand general gameplay. 90

• Growing Together: compatibility system, milestone/memory system
  • Cottage Living: Simple Living challenge
  • Little Campers: social activites, which both adults & kids can enjoy
  • Book Nook: What can I say, I'm a bookworm. And this kit has vastly improved my library builds by providing a lot of natural slots to place particular titles on so I can stock something other than the standard handful of starter books.

Werewolves & Paranormal add a supernatural element. 30

• Werewolves: Pretty self explanatory, but along with the werewolves themselves I love the world, CAS and build/buy. All around great pack.
  • Paranormal: Once again, fun gameplay, great build/buy, and CAS items I find myself using frequently.

Jungle Adventure & Home Chef Hustle add specific storylines/careers that I find a lot of fun. 30

• Jungle Adventure: Being an explorer/archeologist. Plus great CAS & build/buy.
  • Home Chef Hustle: Running a restaurant (farm-to-table, when combined with Cottage Living).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 3 of 10 (1,026 Views)

★ Pro

This is a seriously difficult challenge…

It took me a while to think about this.  As much as I love my infants and toddlers and family play, the majority of time is spent as teen to elder.  So I tried to add the widest variety of gameplay into this challenge.

Tiny Living. (Essential for micro-home benefits…).    10

outdoor retreat (camping, insect collection, herbalism, new world including deep woods and hermit….).   20.  = 30 total so far

vampires (vampires and all the related gameplay, new world, bb cas). 20.   = 50 total so far

jungle adventure ( new world, adventure gameplay, archaeology, new dance style, new recipes including drinks, emotion berries).  20.  = 70 total so far

realm of magic (new world, magic, potions…).  20.  = 90 total so far

werewolves (new world, werewolves, bb cas …).  20.  = 110

get to work (new world???, playable careers, retail stores, photography and baking, contacting aliens and journeying to sixam…).  40.  = 150 in total.

Perfectly imperfect world… if I had managed to find a pack or two on sale, then next up would be Seasons.  It’s not sims without the cheats! 🤣 

Message 4 of 10 (1,000 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@LennyOgg I also play a lot (almost exclusively) with occults, so I would actually choose the exact same GPs and SP that you did :P

Additionally, I'd have to go with...

Cottage Living (I love the world, and it works well for historical gameplay. Plus the bb cas stuff is adorable, and I'm a big fan of the lot challenges specific to that pack)
Seasons (I use holidays a lot, and since I live in a desert, I like to vicariously experience rain and snow 😅)

And that uses up my $150 budget!
Message 5 of 10 (992 Views)

[ Edited ]

Okay, this was easy until it wasn't :D

$40 Seasons

$40 Cats and Dogs

$40 Cottage Living

---

Only $30 left! so now it gets harder. Today I'm going with:
$20 Realm of Magic

$10 Nifty Knitting

I could get a lot of satisfying gameplay out of those before needing more! Though eventually I'd start missing stuff for kids, and wish I could live in a proper city, and have more places to go, and not always be in a house, and... But this would be a lot of feel-good, wholesome play.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 6 of 10 (971 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is a difficult question.

The essentials

Realm of magic 20€

Werewolves 20€

I just can't do without my occults

This leaves enough room for 2 expansions. No matter what I choose there will always be elements I will miss. 

Cottage living 40€ (great world that suits spellcasters and werewolves + more animals and simple living)

Growing together 40€ (a little bit of everything: more activities, milestones, bikes, walking paths, sleeping bags to go camping, ...)

This means I will have to do without get together (clubs) and seasons (holidays). That will hurt.

And this leaves me with enough for a game pack and 2 kits or one stuff pack

Jungle adventure 20€ : I like the vibe and it gives my sims something to do

Tiny living 10€ : nice looking furniture and the benefits of a tiny house

Message 7 of 10 (947 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I'm a bit late to the party, and this would be a very difficult choice for me! Also, to be fair, if I had to start over, I'd wait for a sale and get more than you can get at full price! Standard smile

Essentials for me:

20 Realm of Magic (pretty much all my sims are spellcasters)

40 Get Together (I love the world and the club system)

40 City Living (I love the Festivals and I use the yard sale table & street gallery all the time!).

20 Parenthood (I play with families a lot and pretty much always go for positive character values in my sims, I love the benefits they give).

20 Outdoor Retreat (I use a lot of hidden features in this pack, including the reward trait Incredibly Friendly, the ability to stargaze and cloud gaze and the ability to paint landscape paintings which I just found out recently was an OR feature, I've had it so long I didn't realize that). I do also enjoy taking my sims on vacation there. )

10 Tiny Living (I love the tiny home benefits, and use 'modified' micro homes all the time. )

(Total 150)

Honorable mentions (i.e. if I had the same money but was taking advantage of a 50% sale, but will still show full price):

40 Seasons (love the holiday feature, many of my sims become gardeners, all my kids do scouts plus more harvestables. Dislike, weather and the fact that you get way less harvestables if you have Seasons in the game)

40 Cottage Living (I love the world, the errands, farm animals, more harvestables & recipes, & use the Simple Living lot challenge all the time).

40 Get Famous (especially love the reputation system, and use the fame, etc quite frequently in my game)

10 Nifty Knitting (love Plopsy)

10 Home Chef Hustle (love the stand mixer and the two new aspirations and their reward traits). 

(Total 140)

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 8 of 10 (778 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is tricky for me, because I definitely prefer the full fledged expansion packs over any stuff pack.

Therefore my choices would depend on what kind of player you are.

Pure gameplay for your Sims: Get Together and Get Famous synergise beautifully with each other, definitely recommended as a pair. If you have leftover cash, try Bowling Night. In the past I would have recommended Get To Work but the pack really needs a refresh at this point.

I should really be playing Stardew Valley: Cottage Living is the absolute must-have and it synergises very well with Horse Ranch (except for the actual horses which synergise with nothing at all and are a massive disappointment). Nifty Knitting is also an obvious choice here. You may want Cats and Dogs if you really can't imagine a homestead without them.

I just love building: For Rent will change your life. I find that Tiny Living and Dream Home Decorator pair up beautifully well and are actually useful. Modern Luxe also recommended.

Dat theming tho: Sulani from Island Living is still my favourite world and theme. Snowy Escape comes second with its Japanese theme.

Message 9 of 10 (353 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Pretty difficult, but my choice as a family player and not much of a builder would be:

Seasons

Growing Together

That's 80

Parenthood

Kids Room

Toddler Stuff

Laundry Day

Bust the Dust (I know I am weird, but I just love it Large smile)

First Fits Kit

This way, I have something for everyone and still 10 I can save for another game, like, maybe ETS2, or ATS Sick

Message 10 of 10 (326 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help