[Xbox] Dragon Age Origins servers unavailable and cloud save issues

by SofaJockeyUK

Original Post

[Xbox] Dragon Age Origins servers unavailable and cloud save issues

[ Edited ]

If you are getting this and you are puzzled how to start the game, don't worry.

It's a 15 year old game which is trying to link to Dragon Age data pages which no longer exist on social.bioware.com, but don't worry, we can go around that.

On the home page of the game, just 'press start' (start button) as you would normally do. 

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 12.31.24 pm.png

It'll give you a warning that 'the Dragon Age servers are temporarily unavailable. Please try again.'

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 12.37.35 pm.png

What's happening is that it's trying to connect to no longer existing data within the social.bioware.com site. So don't try again later, it'll never happen.

Just 'A' ok it and wait.

The game will think about it and give you this message:

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 12.41.37 pm.png

And after a little while you should get the proper start screen so you can start to play:

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 12.46.32 pm.png

Hopefully that resolves things for many. However, some people will have issues with the game endlessly  trying to download 'cloud saves'.

There's a solution to that. You probably know that if you go into 'Manage game and add-ons' that you can delete local saves, but cloud saves can be a bit stubborn.

If like me you played a load of Dragon Age Origins years ago there will be a pile of your save data clogged in the cloud of what used to be 'Xbox Live, but fortunately they can be deleted. You want to do a fresh playthrough ahead of playing Veilguard right?

So start the game until you start getting the splash screens.

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 12.53.49 pm.png

Then press BOTH the 'back' and 'play' buttons (the little buttons either side of the big home/guide button).

This opens up the Xbox Guide box (which it doesn't like me screenshotting).

One option is 'Manage storage' which allows you to get rid of your cloud storage (assuming you don't want to access those years old saves)

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 1.02.54 pm.png

Deleting The Dragon Age Origins save should stop the game hanging when trying to find those old saves.

The Xbox Guide box also has an option for you to log into your profile if the game is being fussy about logging you in.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 1 (325 Views)