[PC] DA:O The EA Servers Are No Longer Available Message

by EA_Shepard

Original Post

[PC] DA:O The EA Servers Are No Longer Available Message

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Untitled drawing (4).png

Hey, Thedas!

With the DA: TV announcements being posted all over the land, we see more players jumping in to get more Dragon Age playtime. This is wonderful! For real! Do a run-through of all the games! Why? Because they are amazing!

I wanted to call out some issues that have always bothered the community, and sadly not something that can be updated!

When we log in, we are all familiar with this message!

dase.png

Background on these errors!

Back in the day before the EA app and right before Origin, when the game was released it didn't technically connect to Origin (yet). Your games used your BioWare ID, much like now where it used your EA ID. When you log in, you will then see this screen in the settings.

Untitled.png

These connections would take you to the social.bioware.com site, as well as a character data site with screenshots, and other cool images from the community. As these no longer exist, most players will always see these errors within the game!

Unfortunately, these messages cannot be removed from within the game.

What about all my DLC and content items I own and have unlocked?

da3.png

When you look at this screen, what matters is that you have installed it all through the EA app, or the Steam version and not from other sites or downloads.

The game and content have been updated so that everything should be downloaded through the EA app as normal.

If you are like me and many other gamers, you have more than one drive on your PC. Most games these days have an SSD for your OS and an HDD for your games. When downloading the EA app, you want to make sure it is set to the drive you prefer. When you install the game and its content, make sure that the app location is defaulted to the same drive as this causes issues.

For example: Mine is set to the D: here as that is where the app and all games are installed.

Screenshot 2024-06-14 153326.png

Having issues getting content to install or show up in the game? Check out the Unauthorized DLC Error Guide as it has a lot of steps that can help even if you are not getting this error.

We also have our Dragon Age Origins Xbox servers unavailable thread from our Hero @SofaJockeyUK Check it out when you get a chance!

As always, don't forget to follow us on our socials for all your DA updates!

Facebook: facebook.com/DragonAge

Instagram: instagram.com/DragonAge

X: twitter.com/DragonAge

YouTube: youtube.com/DragonAge

Pinterest: pinterest.com/DragonAge

Twitch: twitch.tv/DragonAge

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 1 of 1 (488 Views)