Is Mass Effect Legendary Edition DELAYED on PC?

by chrisdavr

Original Post

Is Mass Effect Legendary Edition DELAYED on PC?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just spoke to an advisor on EA live chat, and I was told they cannot promise that the game will be released on PC on 14th/15th May? Bit confused.

I asked because I was a bit confused about the regional time difference, and I also wanted to ask about pre-loading?

Does anyone know what's going on?

Message 2 of 7 (602 Views)

Re: Release Date clarification

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just spoke to EA support, and they've advised me that there may be a delay on Mass Effect Legendary Edition on PC, so possibly not even the 15th? .....

Message 1 of 7 (587 Views)

Re: Is Mass Effect Legendary Edition DELAYED on PC?

[ Edited ]

@chrisdavr 

I already finished the preload and there is no report whatsoever that there would be a delay.

Can you tell us the name of the advisor?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Isaac Asimov
Message 3 of 7 (593 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @chrisdavr,

Sorry about any confusion there. The game has been gold for some time, and there's been no change in the release date that we've announced previously, which is still May 14th.

We're working to get some more specific information out regarding specific launch times for that date when it comes to things like different platforms and regions, but don't have an update on that timing. 

Pre-load is already available for most folks if not everyone as @holger1405 mentioned, so we're just around the corner at this point. Standard smile 

Mako.png
Message 4 of 7 (560 Views)

Hero

Maybe the confusion is because the PC version launches at 17:00 CEST on the 14th, which is the 15th in some time zones.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 7 (544 Views)

★★★ Novice

No update for specific launch time when we're less than a day and a half from said day? I don't keep up on exact launch times for most games, but it's a bit odd not to have the timing down this close to launch. Especially now that it seems some console players are getting it on the 13th now? Raised eyebrow

Message 6 of 7 (518 Views)

[ Edited ]

@TacoMcgee97 wrote:

No update for specific launch time when we're less than a day and a half from said day? I don't keep up on exact launch times for most games, but it's a bit odd not to have the timing down this close to launch. Especially now that it seems some console players are getting it on the 13th now? Raised eyebrow

Console players will likely be local midnight 14th.

I don't buy the 13th suggestions being a meaningful thing.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 7 (510 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help