Re: Reinstalling EA on Mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Reinstalling EA on Mac

★★★ Newbie

Hi, so the other day I ran into a problem with my Mac and I have to send it to the Apple Care Center to fix the issue. It's the rule that I have to uninstall everything on my Mac before sending the device to them, I did. However, I made a terrible mistake that I didn't have the backup files and now I'm anxious that when i receive my Mac back, I'll lose every mods and CC on my game The Sims 4. I uninstalled the EA app. Will everything including mods and CC still there in the game if i reinstall EA or I have to start over? I'm really stress out about this at the moment.

Message 1 of 4 (115 Views)

@notyourlexie

Your user data such as saves, mods etc. are stored in the Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder. If you backed up that folder you'll be fine. EA App is irrelevant.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (108 Views)

★★★ Newbie

oh, because when I backup the EA folder on Drive, it says that it doesn't receive scripts and packages. Now that I got my Mac back, it's like a brand new one, without anything in it. So I guess I have to start over again. Thank you so much.

Message 3 of 4 (89 Views)

@notyourlexie

Which EA Folder are you referring to? The game installation is completely separate from the Sims 4 user data folder.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (79 Views)