Re: Cannot Save Settings When Using HDR on 3440x1440p Ultrawide Monitor

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Cannot Save Settings When Using HDR on 3440x1440p Ultrawide Monitor

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a consistent bug wherein when choosing fullscreen on my monitor, a Samsung Odyssey G8, I cannot select any resolution higher than 1920x1080p. If I do borderless windowed, it does show the resolution as being 3440x1440p, which is correct and I have been able to play the game that way for hours. With this update, I attempt to turn on HDR, which my monitor also supports, and FSR (I have a Radeon RX6950XT), and I can have both on, but it must be full screen, which again won't go higher than 1920x1080p. If I attempt to keep everything on but change it to borderless window, I can hit apply, it works, and then I immediately get a message asking if I wish to leave the menu without saving changes, making it so I'm stuck.

Happy to provide any other information needed, though it seems to hopefully just be an issue with being unable to choose any resolution higher than 1080p when in fullscreen. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (301 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @theynkkay 

Can you check if any Windows settings or Anti-virus might be preventing us from writing to the settings file? If not try launching your client and Immortals as an admin and check if this continues. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (259 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did check and wasn't able to find anything. I also tried running with elevated admin privileges (with both Steam and the game itself) and wasn't able to fix it that way either. After that I went into the .ini settings myself and changed the resolution to 3440x1440 and upon launching the game it does support the ultrawide and HDR in fullscreen at the same time.

When going to the settings however, while it does show the resolution correctly, it does display the numbers "3440x1440" in red as if it's not a valid choice, so I imagine if I had to reapply any changes it would reset to a 16:9 resolution again.

Not sure why that's the issue, but this did work for me (at least for now), and hopefully that can help the team out if this becomes a further problem for others! Thanks!

Message 3 of 4 (253 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @theynkkay, Thanks for this update, passing it on to the team to be aware of!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 4 (243 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help